Rocketry Planet servers....

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms uhostme.net [216.130.248.52] 2 28 ms 41 ms 29 ms user-1121s01.dsl.mindspring.com
[66.32.240.1] 3 30 ms 31 ms 31 ms dir04-vl-4.ga-atlanta0.ne.earthlink.net [199.174.117.241] 4 28 ms 32 ms 35 ms cor02-ve-96.ga-atlanta0.ne.earthlink.net [209.165.96.17] 5 28 ms 29 ms 29 ms bor02-ge-6-4.ga-atlanta0.ne.earthlink.net [207.69.223.177] 6 31 ms 31 ms 33 ms bor01-ge-1-0-0.ga-atlanta1.ne.earthlink.net [209.165.110.106] 7 42 ms 31 ms 31 ms 50.ge9-0.er1.atl4.us.mfnx.net [208.184.232.138] 8 70 ms 71 ms 71 ms so-3-1-0.mpr2.iah1.us.above.net [64.125.29.62] 9 58 ms 59 ms 61 ms so-6-2-0.cr2.dfw2.us.above.net [64.125.29.34] 10 70 ms 69 ms 73 ms so-0-0-0.cr1.dfw2.us.above.net [64.125.28.209] 11 52 ms 51 ms 51 ms 64.125.129.61.aspen.mw [64.125.129.61] 12 50 ms 51 ms 51 ms border36-dtx01.virtbiz.com [216.130.252.36] 13 53 ms 53 ms 54 ms uhostme.net [216.130.248.52]
Uhostme.net loads quickly, and it's tracert is identical to RP's, so I bet it's a side trip that your page is taking. You're going to Snap.com and Sitemeter for script, is there any other content being served from somewhere else?
Roy nar12605
Darrell D. Mobley wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

There are two images:
http://www.graphixnstuff.com/rp/sidebarad.png
http://www.graphixnstuff.com/rp/gsbanner10.gif
Perhaps try a trace route to graphixnstuff.com
--
Rocketry Planet hobby rocketry news, feature articles, news archive,
discussion forums, live chat, free auctions, launch calendar and the

Roy Green wrote:

Well there you go...it was the *luck* of routing!
Hey, Darrel, forward this over to Woodrow :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
tdstr wrote:

I would but he wouldn't get it. You know what they say about questioning the ethics of someone engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed man...
--
Rocketry Planet hobby rocketry news, feature articles, news archive,
discussion forums, live chat, free auctions, launch calendar and the
Roy Green wrote:

That's good to hear. I suspect a stale router. Like I mentioned to someone earlier, the Level3 backbone has been showing about a 20% packet loss for days, 10% for longer. Getting them to pay attention to a lowly hobby website owner is like asking for an audience with King "W".
--
Rocketry Planet hobby rocketry news, feature articles, news archive,
discussion forums, live chat, free auctions, launch calendar and the
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Do you live close to where you work? Within reason, I mean. Are you less than an hour from work? The end result is that you are still over 1000 miles away from the server. Imagine how many routers, switches, trunks, circuits that includes, not to mention over six million feet of copper cable and fiber. And that's just between your *state* and Texas. Every user's situation is the same, but with different equipment and variables.
--
Rocketry Planet hobby rocketry news, feature articles, news archive,
discussion forums, live chat, free auctions, launch calendar and the
Darrell D. Mobley wrote:

Sorry, but XP home is not the same as XP pro (I'd think you knew that!) BTW, I had the same problem with W2k.
Seems you need to do a bit more testing.. As I now know I'm not the only one with really poor performance with "the pretty site", I'll just look elsewhere. The ball is in your court to make it work. Hey, ROL is displayed at a normal speed for me, so you might want to get some hints from them! :o
Drop the 3d garbage as a start - prior to that it was only a minute or so to load the first page.. Not good, but it could be tolerated!
Why didn't people complain on your site? It's simple! We couldn't get there!
You got to get some "friendly" folks to help you fix your problems (and yes, you do have problems!).. Until then, I'll hit other sites... I'm not your beta tester.....
I hope you don't build birds like you do websites........
AZ Woody wrote:

But it seems to work perfectly fine for other people. I just finished testing it on my SUSE box and it worked fine.
If your still having troubles it very well could be the 'odd routing system' syndrome or even a frame out. Location is a factor such a scenario that does happen on occasion.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
It's been a problem for months.. with RP and no other site.. "Dang slow" sums it up.
The real thing is that if you only look for feedback on the site, you never get feedback from those who can't get to the site!
RP might have good stuff, but there is a major problem for some that would like to visit the site.. But once we get there, with got some 3d garbage which makes things worse...
Darrell needs to talk to the ROL folks to see how to set up a website (and yes, I understand the ironey here....)
the notorious t-e-d wrote:

AZ Woody wrote:

I'll make you a deal: You stay on ROL and the rest can use RP. Did you ever stop for once to think that it has nothing to do with what the site looks like and what the traffic looks like?
--
This analyzer is now available at WebPageAnalyzer.com for your convenience.

AZ Woody wrote: AZ Woody wrote:

No, the problem is with routing. Myself, and others, have reported no problems with RP. Yourself, and others, have reported problems with RP. The common denominator here is pretty much everyone(but not all) have the similar sw config.
Right now I'm about 99% certain it's all a routing infrastructure issue. For me to be a 100% at the bare minimal I would need the location of the RP users.
btw, why do you get so pissy and insulting over something so trivial?
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Because he's pissed about having to use ROL. 8-)
Phil
tdstr wrote:

(Nodding in agreement)

Clap! Clap!

Haven't you heard? No good deed goes unpunished.
--
Rocketry Planet hobby rocketry news, feature articles, news archive,
discussion forums, live chat, free auctions, launch calendar and the
Darrell D. Mobley wrote:

Common sense just eludes the guy.

Hoping a shot of the penicillin with fix that right up :)

What a surprise, eh?
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
tdstr wrote:

Seems to be a recurring theme. 8-)
--
Rocketry Planet hobby rocketry news, feature articles, news archive,
discussion forums, live chat, free auctions, launch calendar and the
AZ Woody wrote:

Who said it was? My point was I have basically the same setup as you do, I just live in a different part of the country.

ROL is on a server in Hoboken, NJ. RP is on a server in Dallas, TX. Get a grip. I am not responsible for every router and every gateway on the Internet that might cause throughput issues for some folks. The majority are not having issues.

Obviously you had a problem before Snap.

Hit other sites, I'm not going to cry if you don't come. The site is monitored 24/7 from Minnesota, New York, London, England, California, Florida, Hong Kong, China, Calgary, Canada, Frankfurt, Germany, Colorado, and Sydney, Australia. I am not getting reports that the site is unreachable or even heavily congested. I DO get reports that various routers and gateways between those points and the server are not working properly. I'm curious, have you ever checked you MTU and MSS?

I hope you are don't build birds like you offer advice.
--
Rocketry Planet hobby rocketry news, feature articles, news archive,
discussion forums, live chat, free auctions, launch calendar and the

Ever try Firefox? It's pretty zippy. I am running a Mac, BTW.
--

PP