Rocketry Planet servers....

Seems to be a recurring theme. 8-)

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley
1 1 ms
Reply to
roygreen

There are two images:

Perhaps try a trace route to graphixnstuff.com

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Well, the tracert there was fine, but then again, now access to RP is fine too, so that doesn't tell me much :-)

Reply to
Roy Green

Well there you go...it was the *luck* of routing!

Hey, Darrel, forward this over to Woodrow :)

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
tdstr

That's good to hear. I suspect a stale router. Like I mentioned to someone earlier, the Level3 backbone has been showing about a 20% packet loss for days, 10% for longer. Getting them to pay attention to a lowly hobby website owner is like asking for an audience with King "W".

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

I would but he wouldn't get it. You know what they say about questioning the ethics of someone engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed man...

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Just gave the place a try.....58 seconds to hook in, but once I was in

4- seconds to go from homepage to forums......verizon, north of Philly

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

The RP folks really need to sort this out or find a new ISP. If the L3 routers are braindead 20% of the time (lost packets), maybe they need to find a new ISP.

I think it's clear that the response times (posting the home page) at RP is bad for many, all over the country, and if the RP folks cant resolve it ON THEIR OWN, it's time that that RP moves to a better ISP...

Ted.. email Woodrow if you don't understand. The website has a problem with their ISP, and that's their problem! The fact that I'm getting javascript problems on the site, is also THEIR problem. The fact that the the RP folks are making excuses and adding "pretty features" at this time is also THEIR PROBLEM.

Chuck Rudy wrote:

Reply to
AZ Woody

Who else is getting javascript errors? Near as I can tell, your the only one who's mentioned it.

If RP's isp was the sole culprit for the speed issues how come the rest of us who are *not* having speed troubles and are *not* getting javascript errors able to access RP perfectly fine?

One individual located in Georgia who has have experienced speed problems but also has accessed RP perfectly fine at a later time.

This is all RP and their isp's fault, that's what your telling us right? It's all their fault and this has *nothing* to do with other routes that happen to navigate to and from RP, right? This is what your telling me, Darrell, and whoever else that does this networking thing for a living, right?

And why do you get so damned pissy? Lighten up Francis...

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

How many others are running IE 7.0?

All I know, is that it's not a problem on my end. RP is the ONLY site I'm having problems with

RP has been a "dog" for a long time for me, while no other site has been. Have you actually read this forum, or are you sticking up for a friend? Seems there are many that have speed issues with the site. It's not just one person in Georgia. Email Woodrow for details.

BTW, I do this stuff for a living. Do you? You're blowing smoke from your butt, ted.. Email woodrow for details...

Simple.. it's because clueless folks like you think they understand stuff about the interworkings of the internet.. And you don't - email Woodrow for details....

Reply to
AZ Woody

'T-10 to the meltdown...'

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

Since you must not know who Level3 is, perhaps you would like to read up on them

Not using Level3 is like saying you are going to drive from Arizona to New York but you're not going to get on the interstate.

I thank you for your input, but I won't be responding to you any longer about the issue.

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Everyone - that's a "feature" of Java -screw up every computer in existence with one set of code.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

RP does not use Level3 as an ISP. If they did, they could complain to Level3 and have the issue fixed. Changing the ISP that RP does use will have almost no effect on this at all. Level3 is a major backbone provider (similar to uunet, sprint, at&t, etc) To get from a PC in a home to RP's servers in Texas, most people have to route through about

10 to 15 hops. You have no control over those hops with the exception of the start (you) and the end (the site you're trying to get to) The issue with accessing RP seems to stem from one Level3 router in Chicago. If your ISP routes (peers) to another ISP that routes to Level3 through Chicago, then you're going to have the problem. If someone else's doesn't go through the router in Chicago, then they'll see no problems at all.

This is in no way a problem on RP's end. The software that was added has zero to do with it. Darrell and I exchanged emails over most of Friday attempting to find exactly where the issue lies and why. It was determined that the exact same access problem that RP was seeing was seen by other servers running dissimilar software (including only static html) in the same datacenter. If you can prove that it is something other than a Level3 router in Chciago, I would be interested in seeing that. (They're also having an issue with a router in Denver, but thats not the main problem)

And yes, I do this for a living. I'm a system admin for over 450 servers (Windows, Linux, AIX, Solaris, HP-UX) a 100TB SAN and over

50,000 users at a Fortune 100 company. I sit on dual fractional OC-192s running 360Mb/s each.

-Aar> > Who else is getting javascript errors? Near as I can tell, your the

Reply to
Aaron

*hands Aaron a cigar*

No cigar for woodrow!

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

How about a psych referral?

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

But Phil, Java and Javascript are not the same thing.

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

I run a linux box with firefox on DSL and haven't noticed one bit of trouble with RP on my system.

Kurt

Alan Tuskes wrote:

Reply to
Kurt