ROL NEWS--Save Rocketry Now Phase 2

Save Rocketry Now Phase 2 April 4, 2005 Web posted at: 12:39 PM EDT
(ROL Newswire) -- Announcing phase 2 of the Save Rocketry Now
campaign. Phase 1, in the fall of 2003, was a huge success, raising over $60,000 for television commercials on the Discovery Channel, during the airing of Rocket Challenge.
The goal of phase 2 is to raise a minimum of $20,000 to not only help fund the legal battle against the ATF, but also to provide advertising monies for the benefit of the hobby. Once again, a Mega Raffle will be held to raise the funds, with tickets costing $10 each, with one bonus ticket awarded for each 5 tickets purchased at the same time.
For more information see http://www.saverocketrynow.org
Source: Save Rocketry Now

Please strongly support this effort.
Jerry

Hey Jerry -
Very nice of you to donate stuff to the cause.
I have to ask you what's up with this stuff?
6-29mm closures with 180 case 419.70 4-38mm closures with 480 case 360.00 54mm closures with 2560 case 159.95
Are these useable with anyone's reloads or are you just cleaning out your junk box?

Since you are a pure troll, no comment.
And your throwaway compliment was properly ignored.
Jerry
I was curious what that stuff was also. 6 29mm closures with a single case?
Just curious, not trolling.
-Rich
Jerry Irvine wrote:

These are sets. EACH set has closures and a case (a complete system).
The target market for the product "gets it" and should anyone win it that does not "get it", they wll be educated individually.
In the mean time, look who supports this cause. I urge you to BUY products NOW from the supporting vendors with your hard earned CASH. Vote with your dollars.
Jerry
Trolls go elsewhere. Patriots, welcome.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Still selling motors and reloads, without proper permits, huh jerry?

I said:
These are sets. EACH set has closures and a case (a complete system).
The target market for the product "gets it" and should anyone win it that does not "get it", they wll be educated individually.
In the mean time, look who supports this cause. I urge you to BUY products NOW from the supporting vendors with your hard earned CASH. Vote with your dollars.
Jerry
Trolls go elsewhere. Patriots, welcome.
Then you trolled. Of course. Everything offered (forfre) through saverocketrynow.com is perfectly legal and permit free.
That clarifies it in perpetuity.

You want me to post a compliment in a seperate message? Ain't gonna happen. I did mean it.
Sounds like a yes to my junk box question.

Since you are a pure troll

I wasn't convinced the first round would be effective, and I'm just as unconvinced a second go-round will do better. The first time the $70K in funds generated very few new members for NAR and/or TRA. We'd have been better off just sending the bucks straight to the legal fund.
The first time we did this was an experiment. While I wouldn't call it a failure, because we did get a small blip in membership, and learned a bit about advertizing, it wasn't an experiment worth repeating.
It had become an universal and almost uncontroverted position in the several States, that the purposes of society do not require a surrender of all our rights to our ordinary governors; that there are certain portions of right not necessary to enable them to carry on an effective government, and which experience has nevertheless proved they will be constantly encroaching on, if submitted to them; that there are also certain fences which experience has proved peculiarly efficacious against wrong, and rarely obstructive of right, which yet the governing powers have ever shown a disposition to weaken and remove. Of the first kind, for instance, is freedom of religion; of the second, trial by jury, habeas corpus laws, free presses. -- Thomas Jefferson

You seem to be getting your wish. Only a fraction of the funds are directed to outreach.
Jerry
Bob Kaplow wrote: ...

Bob, while I mostly agree with you, I believe at least a dozen favorable major media articles came out with the "story" (safe all american hobby beleagured & under siege) as a result of the campaign.
granted, that's a "soft" result but hey we gotta start somewhere and we gotta try a bunch of different things, "hard" (lawsuits) and "soft" (getting the word out whereever and however).
looking for hard results from this, new members, may be misleading. in fact it's dismal because each new member cost like $5000. clearly not worth it that way.
besides, raffles are fun. if tix were tax-deductable (503c?) I could buy a bunch more.

1. It was also commercially revenue positive for this contributing vendor, thus making it a good investment.
2. The clubs themselves have policies adverse to getting and retaining new members. That cannot be fixed by the saverocketrynow.com effort or any of its vendors.
As I have been saying on rmr (to deaf ears) for a decade now, that can only be fixed by TRA and NAR and they are strongly disinclined.
Jerry

Vendors should be able to track that new customers came to their web sites from saverocketrynow. Where are the dollar reports from PML, LOC, Aerotech, et al that total up to $70k. If you don't have the dollar income to back up the expenditure, it's foolish to repeat the effort. NAR invested $1000 in the campaign and got about TEN new NAR members from it.

I think NIRA got ONE new person to show up at one of our meeting a year ago fromt he advertizing/web campaign.
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, except to encourage attendance in Christian churches; or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, except to require prayer in schools; or abridging the freedom of speech, except for those questioning the Bush administration; or of the press, except that not owned by Rupert Murdoch; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, except those protesting pre-emptive wars; and to petition the government for a redress of grievance, except those we don't like." -former U.S. Sen. Gary Hart
The FlyRockets.com site tracks stats of all clicks out of the site. Any vendor can track referrers in their web logs, as well.
To see vendor clickthroughs for the 2 weeks during the show go to :
http://www.blastzone.com/flyrockets/vendorredirs.htm
same data for clubs at
http://www.blastzone.com/flyrockets/clubredirs.htm
Yes, this is old data, from around the time of the show airing. I'll run some updated stats just for fun.
The site still sees about 800 visitors a day, decent traffic.
writes:

Aerotech,
up
ago
http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf
www.nar.org
except
or
and
don't

I will restate, your efforts on this project are VERY apperciated and well noticed.
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Greg has done a fantastic job supporting all of these efforts and has invested a lot of his own time and resources in making it all happen.
-Kevin

Yea - it gives Jerry a chance to get rid of some of the junk motor hardware in his basement.

Any idea how many of those are our target audience, new folks to the hobby that are neither NAR nor TRA members, and how many are just "us" going to check stuff out.
We have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve. -- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, WWII.