ROL NEWS--Save Rocketry Now Phase 2

Any idea how many of those are our target audience, new folks to the hobby that are neither NAR nor TRA members, and how many are just "us" going to check stuff out.

Bob Kaplow

Interesting that space-rockets.com outpolled both NAR and TRA and almost matched the combined total of the two!

Based on the numbers listed for NAR and for NIRA, and how each organization grew as a result, I'd say Bunny's fule of tens should be a rule of hundreds. i.e for each 100 visitors, we got a new member or new customer. Using the unique IP count of 39K that translates to just under 400 new participants in the hobby, at a cost of $175 per newbie.

Frankly, I think we'd be better off handing a Snitch and a C6-0 to every kid that shows up at every organized launch.

Again, I think Frank, Greg, and everyone involved in this effort 18 months ago did an amazing job that benefitted the hobby. I just don't think that the payback was worth the time, effort, and money invested, or mor appropriately, it could have been spent in a better manner.

Bob Kaplow

The effort was unilaterally decided upon then done, not studied and only highly effective efforts or previously proven efforts funded.

There was no marketing management at all.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Nearly 100% are "Wal-Mart target market".

If the MR market is any indication, about 0.20% of those are prospects for HPR and get mostly blown out by the many and various barriers to entry, none of which are the cost of the product itself.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

space-rockets.com was the first club listing when it was purely alphabetical, which is probably why the received the most hits. People hit the first couple in the list then move on....

The site has since been reorganized to put tra and nar at the top of the list, primarily because they have been working more directly with the effort, especially in this current phase.

organization

Reply to
Greg Deputy