So You Thought WE Were The Only Target For Idiotic Government Regulations

USA Bans Vegemite!

Apparently it contains something that may only be used in breads in the USA.

Or maybe they got it mixed up with VitaMeataVegeMin.

Or possibly with the right oxidizer...

Bill Sullivan

"You Guthrie? You bringin' in a couple of Keys?"

- Customs Inspector to Arlo Guthrie just before asking for an autograph

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

They decided it was all a mistake although from what I've heard about the taste of it, maybe it wasn't a mistake.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

Have you ever tasted Vegemite? That stuff SHOULD be banned.

I know that some people like it, but the first time I tasted it I thought I was going to hurl.

Oh, and I think a key ingredient in Vegemite is also in beer...so they'd NEVER ban that. Amazingly enough, beer would be the A part of ATF...but the ATF doesn't regulate it, Excise does. (that makes no sense to me)

-Aar> USA Bans Vegemite!

Reply to
Aaron

Personal use = legal

Commercial use/import = not-so-legal-at-the-moment

Reply to
Fred Shecter

"This is the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, we need to talk" "so I take it this is not about the Alcohol or the tobacco..."

Reply to
tai fu