This group has gone from great to ridiculous

Oh yeah. Mannheim Steamroller, TSO...

Down your way? I'd say Stevie Ray Vaughn at large volume...

Hmm.. System of a Down, Type O Negative, and a bit of Metallica also...

What? Just leave 'em as they are! Take the fine china, and the lamps off first tho'...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Mannheim Steamroller, that's funny. I went to college with Chip Davis.

Reply to
ar50troll

Hey, he/she/it called me son! That is the spirit!

Reply to
Tweak

Tod; now your talking about the good old stuff. I have an old Sansui

5000C, bought in late 1968, pushing a pair of old Utah 15 inch musical instrument speakers and a pair of Bogan horns, all set up in my garage. I replaced the Sansui in the house with a Carver setup many years ago. However, the Carver fails to do justice to Black Sabbath like the Sansui set up. At half volume, the ripples on top a glass of beer, need to be seen to be appreciated..(:-)

Fred, and I wonder why my hearing is depreciated

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

No, you just invented it. Get a patent quick!

BTW, what does it mean?

Randy

<randyolb

YES!

Listen to the man...

The man speaks the truth!

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Ya know, I'd probably go with Deep Purple's Perfect Strangers...

Dunno what it is, but that "middle eastern" syncopation is just awesome...

And at ear bleeding intensities, it's unbeatable!

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

The best speakers for the home I ever knew of were from Radio Shack called Nova 8. They can handle 250 watts per channel turned wide open. NO distortion. One time I broke out a window in my bedroom playing Hair of the Dog all the way up. After that I learned to open the window but then the airport called and complained.

They were guaranteed for life but they stopped selling them back about 1980. I still have mine 31 years later and they still sound good.

Randy

<randyolb

Yeah, but it's still not like the good ol' days when we all just used to call each other prick...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Blast From The Past: Ringo Starr 1975. Pretty good album too. There's a photo of Ringo on the cover like the movie poster from The Day the Earth Stood Still. He's waving from behind the robot.

Randy

<randyolb

Yes, apparently the greatest heresy in rockety is to even hint that certain regs aren't directly related to safety.

Reply to
raydunakin

Sorry but it should be "In Rock." I still have my Crown DC300 & IC150 (there are some A's in there somewhere) but I sold my Bose 901's many years ago. (I guess the other Bose fans here should approve of that.)

My wife bought me a Bose Wave Radio - what an overpriced piece of crap!! This is NOT for ROCKIN!

Reply to
Phil Stein

No.. NO Ray! Go *back* to your thread...

We had a nice, clean fight going on in this one...

Yer not aloud to bring that up in here!

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

They are defacto for "public safety" purpose.

Reply to
nosig

Ray, are you hinting that FAR 101 regs aren't related directly to safety?? (:-)

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

NO NO NO!

Go away! Yer pollutin' my thread!

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Sorry, I thought I was keeping my response in line with the ridiculous, hoping to smoke out something great.. :)

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Oh, OK. Yeah, me too...

That's why I'm channeling Rod Serling...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

No comment here, Fred. I've learned my lesson. I must have missed the list of which regs are off limits for comment in the Rocketeer's Bible. Perhaps someone should add "Thou shalt not question the utility of FAA regs" to the FAQ. ;)

Anyway, where were we? Oh yeah, sound systems. So, how 'bout them cables, eh?

?
Reply to
raydunakin

Cables of a certain diameter, and current carrying capacity *are* regulated by the FCC, and you *do* need special waiver to oper...

Um.. wait...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt