This group has gone from great to ridiculous

On 21 Nov 2005 18:22:47 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

Cables of a certain diameter, and current carrying capacity *are* regulated by the FCC, and you *do* need special waiver to oper...
Um.. wait...
<vbg>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems
snipped-for-privacy@weinerboy.org wrote:

ROTFL!!
Tweak stated:

ar50troll wrote:

So how much did you get took for on your monster cables? Tell us, which sounds better, the blue capacitors or the green ones? Did you put the green cellophane tape on the pick-up in your CD player to improve the fidelity? What size aluminum foil hat do you wear? Try not to get any snake oil on ya, OK :)
Doug

Doug Sams wrote:

I learned many years ago that monster cables were well worth the money.
My cat couldn't chew through them the way he could through standard speaker wire... <G>
David Erbas-White
says...

They do work exceptionally well to pull other cables through walls. Quite strong.
--
Tweak

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 20:31:10 +0000 (UTC), "Doug Sams"

Now Doug... be nice...
Aluminum foil hats have been shown, in quadruple blind clinical studies, to enhance the etheral ultrasubmegamassivebass response that *is* present, but typically unnoticed when utilizing standard "humanoid" speakers. Prior to this discovery, only the inhabitants of Oxydol-9 were able to even *begin* to perceive these multicellular, sub-atomic, electrohydrodynamic vibrations.
Certain species of Yeti *and* Sub Genii, are rumoured to be at least cognizant of the existance of these special electonuclearcarburated vibrations...
Monster cables, or nothin'... just ask Art Bell..
<vbg>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems
Doug Sams wrote:

There is a $2000, platinum, POWER CABLE out there on the web somewhere....
$2000 for a power cable, I wouldn't pay that much for an audio system.
So how much did you get took for on your monster cables? Tell us, which sounds better, the blue capacitors or the green ones? Did you put the green cellophane tape on the pick-up in your CD player to improve the fidelity? What size aluminum foil hat do you wear? Try not to get any
snake oil on ya, OK :)
Doug
Doug, Monster is crap, just like Cerwin Vega. For most of my cabling I use Magnan. CD transport is Mark Levinson. I I would bet you the CD transport cost more than your car...probably twice.

Twice as much as this bad boy? No way!
http://www.grouchyoldcripple.com/archives/001002.html
:)
Doug

doug_man snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

That is my kind of car. Looks fast. ;-)
--
Tweak

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:03:24 +0000 (UTC), "Doug Sams"

I'm surprised that they didn't use drywall scraps...
<g>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems
On 21 Nov 2005 12:52:59 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Well hooya! Dunno about the rest of you guys, but *I'm* impressed!
Wow...
Where does the CD transport transport your CD's to?
As I said before, to each his own, or whatever blows yer dress up...
I'll sink my cash into RMS reloads thanks, and let my poor ol' Sansui take the heat...
<g>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems
tod hiltyt wrote:

I was just thinking the other day that it was time to pull my mid-70's Pioneer SX-850 out of the bottom of the closet and fire up some Christmas carols...or maybe some Molly Hatchet :)
Think I can covert my ADS's from end tables back into speakers? <vbg>
Doug

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:13:41 +0000 (UTC), "Doug Sams"

Oh yeah. Mannheim Steamroller, TSO...

Down your way? I'd say Stevie Ray Vaughn at large volume...
Hmm.. System of a Down, Type O Negative, and a bit of Metallica also...

What? Just leave 'em as they are! Take the fine china, and the lamps off first tho'...

tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems

What saying is it that comes to mind? Something about fools and their money...
Who cares about a silly cage, anyway? Or a CD player that costs more than 99 bucks, for that matter. Cages and CD players exist only to transport and entertain me between home and the track or flying field.
Bet Cerwins give you nightmares. BOOM FLAP MUD BOOM FLAP MUD BOOM FLAP MUD. Think I'll go buy another 15" just for you. Oh, and I listen to CDs filled with MP3s, as well. Good enough.
--
Tweak

Bet Cerwins give you nightmares. BOOM FLAP MUD BOOM FLAP MUD BOOM FLAP
MUD. Think I'll go buy another 15" just for you. Oh, and I listen to CDs filled with MP3s, as well. Good enough.
--
Tweak

Do as you will son.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Hey, he/she/it called me son! That is the spirit!
--
Tweak

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:43:37 -0500, Tweak

Yeah, but it's still not like the good ol' days when we all just used to call each other prick...
<vbg>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty