This group has gone from great to ridiculous

In the last few times I have read this news group I have noticed a lot of off topic junk when I was hoping to find something informative and usefull.

In the last few times I have read this news group I have noticed a lot of off topic junk when I was hoping to find something informative and usefull.
snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net wrote:

This is pretty tame compared to a lot of other usenet groups. As for your search for something informative and useful, what exactly are you looking for? Post a rocketry question and you'll get plenty of informative and useful answers here.
,
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

People should also remember, that rocketeers are no different for other model builders. When we get together...be it at a monthly club meeting, a contest, or here in cyber-space...that we talk about a *lot* of off-topic things. Modelers, in general, are of above-average intelligence; and are also well-informed in current events, politics, history, etc. We talk about such things with each other, because we *can*. Compare that with our typical day at work; where one's coworkers are not capable of engaging in such types of conversations.
We also are very talented at sharing humor of the most ribald and politically incorrect nature (the best kind of humor, by far...)!
You are also correct in suggesting that one needs to *ask* for information; as opposed to just waiting for it to fall into their laps. Modelers are very willing to "share the knowledge"; but we do *not* usually support the "hobby welfare state"...catering to people just waiting for a handout.
--

Greg Heilers
Greg Heilers wrote:

Cripes,
One just needs to look at the subject line and see if one is interested. If not, then go on to something else. I found the subject line of the book ripoff tedious and I just went on to something else. Kurt Savegnago
Couldn't you just use rocketryonline.com if your looking for something specific. This group is way tame comapared to the rest out there.
snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net says...

I found the tone and tenor of your message generally unhelpful.
--
Tweak

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:36:19 -0500, Tweak

Get a Bose then...
Great tone and tenor!
Bass and treble too!
<vbg>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems
On 21 Nov 2005 06:33:18 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Uh.. okey dokey!
12 grand? To each his own, ma man!
I use a 1971 Sansui. Excellent frequency response. Power transistors get pretty hot though, so a soon as I "smell amp" the big cooling blower gets fired up...
Fried two sets of speakers, and thus far the only ones holding steady are a pair of CV V253 MKII's...
Got the pair for $100 bucks at a garage sale...
<g>
Tod "Likes his music LOUD!" Hilty
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems

Indeed.
I use a Technics integrated amp, speakers I constructed myself utilizing ADS tweets, JBL mids and Nakamichi midwoofs and back them up with a big, boomy Cerwin Vega 15" sub. I AM the king of flap, baby.
I enjoy strapping so called "audiophiles" into a chair in my living room and torturing them for hours on end. BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM. I got your flat response right here.
I spent almost a decade working in the audio industry, and if I learned one thing it was the concept of "good enough"....well, and that any cable that cost more than 5 bucks is a waste of money. So two things.
--
Tweak

I spent almost a decade working in the audio industry, and if I learned
one thing it was the concept of "good enough"....well, and that any cable that cost more than 5 bucks is a waste of money. So two things.
You sure did learn wrong. I guess that's why you don't work in the industry any longer.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

That's it?
This group really has gone downhill.
--
Tweak

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:58:57 -0500, Tweak

Yeah really!
'Member the days when comments like that would quickly degenerate into a full blown usenet thermonuclear detonation?
Oh, wait...
That's currently going on down in "FAA Waiver Question"...
<vbg>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems
snipped-for-privacy@weinerboy.org says...

Wistfully.
Is somnambulistic a word?
--
Tweak

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:12:56 -0500, Tweak

Yes. See "sleepwalking"[1]...
<vbg>
tah
[1] OK, I had to do the dictionary.com dance for that one...
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems
Tweak wrote:

You tell Us, is it?

No, you just invented it. Get a patent quick!
BTW, what does it mean?
Randy www.vernarockets.com

Sorry, I was asleep...did you say something?
--
Tweak

I SAID, is your Thanksgiving chicken in the oven yet?
Randy www.vernarockets.com