This group has gone from great to ridiculous

says...

Why does George Carlin come to mind? :-)

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 12:35:29 -0500, Tweak

LOL!
Yep. Somebody *gave* me the Sansui. Had it in their garage or something. Best damn amplifier I've ever owned (toasted our Yamaha years ago)...
Speakers (well, the bass side at least) came from a garage sale where the jilted woman of an ex-DJ was unloading his stuff just to try and forget him, I guess... I don't think you can find those drivers for less than $500 now...
Turn on the blower, wind up the volume, unlatch the 20db filter, start Dark Side of the Moon, and watch the plaster dust fall from the ceiling fixtures, and the pictures on the wall start moving around by themselves...
<vbg>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems

Nahhh. Smoke On the Water.
Randy www.vernarockets.com

Ya know, I'd probably go with Deep Purple's Perfect Strangers...
Dunno what it is, but that "middle eastern" syncopation is just awesome...
And at ear bleeding intensities, it's unbeatable!
<g>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 23:15:18 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@weinerboy.org wrote:

Sorry but it should be "In Rock." I still have my Crown DC300 & IC150 (there are some A's in there somewhere) but I sold my Bose 901's many years ago. (I guess the other Bose fans here should approve of that.)
My wife bought me a Bose Wave Radio - what an overpriced piece of crap!! This is NOT for ROCKIN!
Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
bliss
- iz
Hi jerry,
Where ya been and why haven't you answered ANY of the questions about the lawsuits and fraud? I would like get some 'model airplane' parts, and yes I WILL tell! Just give me the C.O.D. amount for 50 long burn USR H motors ...
Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Chile
- Lunar
snipped-for-privacy@acceptable-gains.net wrote:

Tweak wrote:

Ok, true story here. A buddy of mine that I worked with for years asked me to give him a ride from the airport to home. I've never seen his house before so he gave a quick tour. Nothing much, big ass tv, nice kitchen, *real* nice workshop and then his hifi system....oh my god...
I sat in the sweet spot and he cranked up some Tori Amos....I swear the the piano was right there in the living room! God as my witness I could smell Tori's perfume!
Then he shows me this box filled with handwritten notes and algorithms from the last ten years he spent building this system. We're talking hand made tube amps, preamps, speaker boxes(several hundred lbs a piece) x-overs et all. The cable he used for the speakers is about 1" round! He even installed a cooling system in the basement that goes through the floor to his living room. All in all he gave me a estimate on what's invested in it and well, I think it literally doubled his house in value as when the house goes, so does the hifi.
Now the kicker....my bud is 80% deaf!
Go figure...
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
says...

Now that you mention speaker cable, I should have added a caveat on the cabling limiting my comment to low voltage only.
And don't you want to call me a "poo poo head" or somesuch?
To the dogs.
--
Tweak

Tweak wrote:

Well I have no doubts that 'poo poo' heads hang on rmr, but Kurt, you ain't one of *them* :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
says...

I do give it my all, though.

--
Tweak

snipped-for-privacy@weinerboy.org wrote:

Tod; now your talking about the good old stuff. I have an old Sansui 5000C, bought in late 1968, pushing a pair of old Utah 15 inch musical instrument speakers and a pair of Bogan horns, all set up in my garage. I replaced the Sansui in the house with a Carver setup many years ago. However, the Carver fails to do justice to Black Sabbath like the Sansui set up. At half volume, the ripples on top a glass of beer, need to be seen to be appreciated..(:-)
Fred, and I wonder why my hearing is depreciated
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:37:03 -0500, "W. E. Fred Wallace"
<snip my junk>

YES!
Listen to the man...
The man speaks the truth!
<vbg>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems

Tod's been listening to Paul Laaar-vae again.
; )
Randy www.vernarockets.com

Absolutely!
And *now* you know....
<g>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems
snipped-for-privacy@weinerboy.org wrote:

No highs? No lows?
It must be Bose.
** mike **
says...

Couldn't have said it better myself! Excellent!
--

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

says...

Nothing like a blast from the past, eh? ;-)
--
Tweak

Blast From The Past: Ringo Starr 1975. Pretty good album too. There's a photo of Ringo on the cover like the movie poster from The Day the Earth Stood Still. He's waving from behind the robot.
Randy www.vernarockets.com

That is *EXACTLY* right. Now I just need to know who you are so I can buy you a beer :-)
--

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com