Video overlays etc.

Been working on some software to overlay flight data on video so I just thought I'd share the results with you guys. It takes in an RDAS file and a source of video and you just tell it which frame is t=0.0s. It would be easy to modify to use other data sources too.

Hope you like it.

Thanks go to DamianB, NiallO, DarrenL, RichardO and MacFlan for their comments during the development.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

How cool is that! :-D

Reply to
Richard H

Reply to
Phil Stein

That is most EXCELLENT!!! TOPS!

Cheers, Clint

Reply to
CJC

way cool. check this one out:

shockie 8)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

oops wrong url:

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Does it work with NTSC video, or just with European formats ?

Reply to
John Karpich

It may take a little tweaking to move things around to fit a NTSC frame but I don't see why it couldn't be made to work.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

Fantastic idea. I'm at work so can't view the video at the moment but in concept the idea is fantastic. Nicely done sir.

Now all you need to do is construct an ASIC to do it real time...

:)

Reply to
Stuart L

That's a very neat bit of kit. I'm not keen on the idea of overlaying on the video at source though, it will invariably be over the bit of the image you really want to see. I've done something similar on an underwater ROV but that was the only way I had to get depth/bearing information back to the surface so the operator could control it.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck