Video overlays etc.

Been working on some software to overlay flight data on video so I just thought I'd share the results with you guys. It takes in an RDAS
file and a source of video and you just tell it which frame is t=0.0s. It would be easy to modify to use other data sources too.
http://www.hyperspace.org.uk/bigears2005/video/adr2-pentax.mpeg
Hope you like it.
Thanks go to DamianB, NiallO, DarrenL, RichardO and MacFlan for their comments during the development.
Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk /

That is most EXCELLENT!!! TOPS!
Cheers, Clint

way cool. check this one out: http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid 268
shockie 8)

oops wrong url:
http://www.kapelec.com/altiose1.htm
shockieB)

That's a very neat bit of kit. I'm not keen on the idea of overlaying on the video at source though, it will invariably be over the bit of the image you really want to see. I've done something similar on an underwater ROV but that was the only way I had to get depth/bearing information back to the surface so the operator could control it.
Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk /
Chris Eilbeck wrote:

Does it work with NTSC video, or just with European formats ?
--
My real address, if you want to apply personally is

jkarpichATearthlink.net

It may take a little tweaking to move things around to fit a NTSC frame but I don't see why it couldn't be made to work.
Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk /

Fantastic idea. I'm at work so can't view the video at the moment but in concept the idea is fantastic. Nicely done sir.
Now all you need to do is construct an ASIC to do it real time...
:)