Will those green ammoboxes keep my motors dry?

Howdy All,
Rita is coming to town. She's now a Cat 4 and we live in a Cat 2 neighborhood.
Got the family packed, got food, clothes, pictures, financial records,
the pets, and even a few of my guitars, amps and a few CPU boxes. That leaves...
Many of my motors will be staying.
Will those green ammo cans effectively seal even if immersed? I'm a bit dubious about moving them up high because heavy things blowning loose from up high didn't seem smart smart.
There are pretty much the older keepers motors, FSI-100, Apogee 10.5mm, D3's, C10's Apogee E6' & F10's, AT F32's, AT F101Ts. G25-15's, a Vulcan G200 and some of other odd keepers. The Questes BP are simply in a huge rubbermaid as is my stash of blackshaft tubes (from Chad Ring) and C grain balsa (hand selected in california and flown back home during a business trip.
The Oxrals have been triple sealed but stay home. Any reports of higher failure rates should they somehow get wet?
Worse case has all of the rockets and gliders getting destroyed along with the technical libray--simpy running out of time...
The good news is that there are some of the biggest friggin thermals popping up around here. Wondering now if I had them time to put them waaaaay up with little "please mail he home label" affixed... Perhaps next time....
Andy
If they have a rubber seal, and the seal is in good shape, yes.
Probably.
If they become immersed completely or tipped on their sides in water, there's still a chance that water will infiltrate the box.
If I was in that situation and couldn't take them with me, I would stick them in ziploc bags first, then put them in the ammo boxes, tape the lids down with strapping tape if they're not equipped with locks, then stick them in a high place (but not on a top floor, obviously).
Andy Eng wrote:

Use zip lock bags - the bags with the sliding zipper not the bags that you press the sides together. An example is Hefty One Zip. Those bags kept my motors dry when my basement flooded several years ago. Motors in other types of plastic bags didn't stay dry. Double bagging is good. Then store in the ammo box, or other water tight box, which will protect the plastic bags.
Dean
And if you really want to be paranoid you could put the motors in ziplocks, inside the ammo box, and put THAT inside a plastic garbage (or two).
Alternatively you could drop the motors off with one of your buddies in Austin. Trust me, I'll take good care of them ;-)
Nobody wrote:

I used an ammo box to store my SLR in on a canoe trip,and sure enough,the lady managed to upset the canoe(grabbed a low tree branch in a fast moving stream),but the SLR stayed dry. It floats,too.(I also had it tied to the canoe,though)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

An ammo box with a good runnber seal will work fine. I've had ammo boxes where I had to use a screw driver to pry it open because the pressure was lower insde the box than outside. When it opend, I could hear it sucking air in.
The other ideas of using zip lock bags also seem good. And of course there's duct tape.
Phil Stein wrote:

Mmmm.....love those runnber seals. Must be new military technology.
Oh, that sucking sound was the air filling the vacuum between your ears.
Poor Phil

What's the matter Steve? Don't have the balls to sign your name? Does the State of NJ know that you are posting crap like this while leeching off the hard working taxpayers? Maybe they would like to know.
Philip Stein wrote:

Sure. When I post, which is not often these days.
You got something you want to tell the State of NJ, be my guest. I'll even give you the Attorney General's phone number.
Does Tim VanMilligan know that you were the one who was trying to rip off Rock Sim ?
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:55:54 -0400, Steve Decker

I've never ripped it off. I bought the copy I have. I don't know where you get your information asshole.
Phil Stein wrote:

Only because nobody could supply the Rocksim crack you were begging for.
On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 08:02:45 -0400, Steve Decker

I've never done that. Show where I begged for it. I sure as hell would never beg from anything from you.
I think I get it. Once Steve was begging for someone to send him a copy of an article that he was to cheap tp pay for. IIRC it was in NAR Tech. I told him what I thought about his thriftyness.
Poor Steve. To f'in cheap to spend $20 for something he wants.
Philip Stein wrote:

Very good, Phil. You can read message headers. I guess there's still hope for your feeble brain.
Point is, Phil, you've always been a jerkweed and you'll always be one.
Your pal, Steve/Gus, whatever.
By the way, do your customers know you post this kind of crap on their dime? Maybe THEY'D like to know.
Steve, what exactly is your beef with Phil? I don't see you ragging on anyone else about typos and spelling errors.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Phil and I have a "thing". Just like Phil has with Jerry.
Just like Phil has with TVM.
Just like Phil has with FAA.
Hint: He likes to modify waivers. He's quite creative.
Steve Decker wrote:

Perhaps you two should get a room. ;)

The only "thing" Phil has with Jerry is that Jerry's a liar, fraud and felon. Are you in that category too?

On 23 Sep 2005 14:39:12 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

Yes he is.
Steve took exception to my getting a waiver for out club. I offered to show him the waiver at the field but he didn't want to see it. A day or two later, he claimed there was none. At some point after he pissed me off, I told him the waiver was modifed so he would waste a bunch of time chasing ghosts. What I didn't tell him was that the modification was me scribbling a few notes on it. He pissed me off my making racial remarks at a launch. The following the incident, he made sexual comments about my daughter which included animals and myself. That's the kind of nut case Steve is.
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 20:28:13 -0400, Phil Stein

Here's a picture of Steve
http://www.para520.org/images/02-10-07/PICT0003.JPG
this picture is when he refused to move to a safe distance away from the launch pads. As RSO, I had to shut down the launch until he did.
If you look at our range rules http://www.para520.org/docs/Range%20Rules.htm number 18 was made specifically for Steve.
People like Steve sure make it great to be a volunteer.

At a TRA launch? Why not just change the rule for the day?