Latest threads in Model rockets forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

High altitude question from a newbie
Hi all, I belong to a group in the UK planning to launch high altitude met balloons with payloads containing experiments, chiefly radio transmitters for GPS telemetry and video. Can anyone suggest a...
12
12

shipping rocketry components international
Would there be legal issue with shipping kits to Taiwan? I asked giant leap rocketry about it but they never answered my email. Even if I cant fly rockets that doesnt mean I cant build static...
15
15

Katrina Assistance Possibility
Good day gentlemen; I would like to introduce myself for those of you that may not recognize my email address. I am Mike Roland one of the owners of Newton's 3rd Rocketry in Portland Oregon, you may...
11
11

I keep hearing about hybrid motors. What is a hybrid?
I keep hearing about hybrid motors. What is a hybrid? Is it a mix between solid and liquid???
7
7

Website update
September website update for Fire & Smoke at:
1
1

typhoons
I thought typhoons were bad, seems like Hurricanes do more damage or something. I saw on discovery a while ago that typhoons tends to be stronger since they have more space to get strong. But I guess...
10
10

$3 gas is here!
well $3+ gas has reached Lexington,Ky. How about you? shockie B)
191
191

Big News at BRS Hobbies...
We've had several requests from customers for launch pad kits. We always try to satisfy our customer's needs, so BRS Hobbies is proud to announce that we are now carrying the TLP line of mid-powered...

[TIP] Plano storage boxes
I've got much of my stuff stored away in various plastic boxes, mostly Plano. I've spent a fair amount of energy trying to find stuff the 'fits just right'. On occasion, I'll post here some of my...
4
4

Rocket tables: balsa density and tube ratios
The balsa thread led me to dig out 2 tables that I've made years back and put them on my chad web site: is an extension to something I found in an old MIT journal, that I use when buying balsa in the...

hi....
Hi guys... I dont know if any of you guys remember me... but im that same Tai Fu that got certified (probably expired now...) anyways, im done with the @#$@#$ military service and I am now working at...
27
27

October Sky Festival on Oct. 1, 2005
Dear Rocketeers: Consider this an invitation to come to Coalwood, West (by God) Virginia on Oct. 1 and meet the Rocket Boys of October Sky. See my website at and click on the COALWOOD button for news...
3
3

October Sky Festival on Oct. 1, 2007
Dear Rocketeers: Consider this an invitation to come to Coalwood, West (by God) Virginia on Oct. 1 and meet the Rocket Boys of October Sky. See my website at and click on the COALWOOD button for news...

FlisKits: 3rd Anniversary coming in September!
September is coming quickly and we all know what *that* means! Party time at FlisKits! FlisKits will be celebrating their 3rd anniversary during the month of September! Opening their doors on...

"Protest" Rocket
Apparently some moron in Denmark has come up with a blindingly clever way to fight the evil greedy corporations: mount a hybrid-powered rocket on a bicycle and fire weed seeds into...
15
15