1/12 Revell Germany Ferrari 2002 F1

Finally a 1/12 Ferrari 2002 F1 racing car is out from Revell Germany in September. Any idea how much is it and where to buy. Many thanks.

TK Chan Hong Kong

Reply to
TK Chan

Suppose to be out early September.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

Thanks. ebay has it for pre-order for US$125. Any idea what could be the price in the shop.

TK Chan

Tom Hiett wrote:

Reply to
TK Chan

I've heard as low as $48US to $125.

Its been discussed at

Here's a pic of the sprues:
pics of the model (click on view photos):
Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

Thanks for the links. The built-up model looks quite good but the price of $125 in ebay is on the high side. Let's wait and see when mass stock is available.

TK Chan

Tom Hiett wrote:

Reply to
TK Chan

$48US for an all new Revell-Germany kit falls into the realm of wishful thinking by person you said that. Especially considering what they were asking for the recent re-issues of Protar 1/12 Ferrari 126C2 and 312T2. These had a SRP of $122US at Great Models and they listed them at $93US, so there is no way the F2002 will be cheaper than a re-issued Protar kit.

Hannants in the U.K. has the F2002 listed for 69.99GBP = $156Cdn = $110US. I'd say the F2002 will have a SRP somewhere around $200Cdn = $142US in North America.

Now that I've seen the F2002 sprues, I'd say they have Protar 'written' all over it. I'm sure I'll get to see the kit a club meeting once its released.

BTW, I wonder if Protar got bought by Revell-Germany. The

site is long gone and the domain name is up for grabs now.

Ken

Reply to
KWHCoaster

I dunno! The RoG 1/72 scale He 177 was only priced at around $13 and that is a gorgeous kit chock full of parts and well worth twice the price!

Reply to
Scott A. Bregi

Wait the Ferrari F20002 is still 17,999 years in the future .

Of course the F2003 didn't make it's racing debut until the Spanish GP in May, and judging from this year's results compared to last it's hard to say which one was better.

Reply to
Rick DeNatale

Could it be if they continue to race the F2002 this year just as Mclaren, they would have won the championship by now, or at least not so desparate as they are up now :-(. The GA2003 is nowhere near the F2002 and by most not better than the F2001. Being a Ferrari fan, it is very down-hearted to see what turns out to be.

The F2002 is therefore a must built. In fact I have a F2002 resin kit by MG. It is quite a nice kit with many PE parts for detailing only that quite some effort has to be spent on the exterior profile.

TK Chan

Reply to
TK Chan

Speed is relative. One has to take into account the opposition wasn't standing still. A comparison with the performamnce of the late 02 or early

03 F1 2002 this late in the season is meaningless. The GA still could be an impressive improvement but opposition may have done even better.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

i.e. Renault put McLaren and Williams to shame on Sunday. A lapped Ferrari, gotta love that. ;-)

Ken

Reply to
KWHCoaster

Better yet- a lapped Michael Shumacher!

In F1 there are a handful of teams hovering at the top year after year. In any one year, if we're lucky, a couple of those get everything right. This year more teams than usual hit the mark. Lets enjoy it while we can. I think its exciting the Schumacher era is winding down.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

I've got nothing against Ferrari, but I have to say that this season has been a lot more interesting than the past few. The new qualifying procedure is another factor.

Since I drive a BMW, I pull a bit for Williams, but not as much as I did for Andretti back when we were both Italian Americans driving British cars.

It's been quite a while since they've played La Marseillaise after a GP, and I beleive that last Sunday was the first for the Spanish national anthem.

Reply to
Rick DeNatale

I don't quite get that either, but ultimately its still up to the teams strategy. They chose whether or not to start behind the Minardis or whoever is qualifying in front only because they qualified on light tanks.

Every team stumbles occasionally and an occasional bad result doesn't mean much. One just has to have fewer bad results than one's nearest competitor.

Great to see some new blood, and more importantly, another winning team which with more success could eventually mean another F1 kit! ;-)

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

Yeah. I didn't mention that. Good tire improvements often gets better results than a substantial technological improvement on the car.

But as with most things in racing, its a leapfrog/catchup thing. Ferrari and Bridgestone probably won't be behind for long.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

Isn't it against eBay policy to offer pre-sell items? I thought the item had to be available at close of auction.

Reply to
Frank May

based on the goals they both had for this year and their prior performance in past year's utter and complete domination of their respective adversaries, absolutely they are both slumping! I am pretty sure that MS won 25 out of 17 F1 races last year and Tiger hasn't won a major since last year's US Open in June, 2002.

CHOKERS!!!!!!!!!

; )

Reply to
Yakker

Comments on a actual test shot now on the GPMA yahoogroup:

The reviewer gives it a 7 out of 10, but then he's in the aftermarket detail business. ;-)

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

I've ordered one from the Netherlands guy at ebay, waiting to be shipped by end of September. Yes, I think the pre-paint job is a waste and nuisance to serious modellers. This will be a very hot subject for aftermaket detailing. Guess a full superdetail kit like those for the Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 641 will be coming.

TK Chan

Tom Hiett wrote:

Reply to
TK Chan

He says it isn't bad, is the right color, and some polishing should do it.

Yep. IIRC, the guy with the test shot on GPMA was Matthew at Scale Motorsport. I hope it costs less than his 935 detail set ($550US!)

Thought it was suppose to have been released by now and he just got a test shot?

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett