1/12 Revell Germany Ferrari 2002 F1

I hope it won't run into licence issue and got it banned for release. The supper detail kits by Perfectparts for the Ferrari and Mclaren are quite reasonably priced. Hope they keep it this way.

I would have preferred they spent the extra money for the pre-paint job to other areas such as including a booklet showing the various details of the car or a PE part for additional details. I guess it will be few to just assemble the kit out of box.

TK Chan

Tom Hiett wrote:

Reply to
TK Chan

At this time Matthew says Scale Motorsport has not decided whether to do a detail kit or not. Undoubtably somebody will.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

What would excite me more is if Tamiya brought this scale out...I just don't have that much faith in the Revell AG kits...too many poor fits, etc lately :(

However, like any F1 enthusiast I will have to check it out :p

As a Montoya fan, I'll have to model this as a wreck though LOL

Tom Hiett wrote:

Reply to
Kevin J. Rowe

Revell-Monogram had a test shot of this kit at their table at the IPMS/US National Convention last month. It was pre-painted!

One of the problems in superdetailing current/recent F1 cars is that the teams have become so secretive.

Reply to
Rick DeNatale

I did a review of the kit:

Some big errors and not well detailed for the price.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Been a lot of talk about it on the GPMA Yahoogroup too.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

Isn't this an (old) protar Kit??

-- Dennis Loep The Glueing Dutchman

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny ...'" Isaac Asimov

Reply to
Bert&Ernie

Nope. F2002 is the 2002/03 car and the kit is all new.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

Been some more talk of aftermarket stuff here and on the way on the GPMA Yahoogroup- 7 spoke wheels, decals, photoetch.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

Nope, never was a 1:12 kit of the Ferrari F1 2002.

But, I did see it first hand at our club meeting on the weekend and the, dare I say 'craftsmanship', is definitely Protar's. Extremely 'soft' detail just like the 1:12 Ferrari F40 and various 1:24 F1 Protars I used to have. Worth $80Cdn I guess (I still think thats a pricing error since its MSRP is

100 Euros ($162Cdn) in Europe), but after looking over the kit parts I have no desire to get one.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Hartlen

The following stuff is already out:

Antares Models corrected F2002 wheels Antares Models 1/12 scale Harness set Studio 27 F2002 Marlboro decals Museum Collection F2002 Marlboro decals

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams