1/72 Decals Database

Those of you who have our original book, Encyclopedia of 1/72 Scale Military Models and/or our quarterly ESM 72 know that we have databased and published (with tons of illustrations) virtually every kit/model ever produced in every medium in 1/72 scale (or close enough). We have covered everything from the Boer Wars to the International Space Station except for ficticious subjects. Updates and corrections have been massive in this age of tons of new products.

Now for a project that I have put off for many years. I want to database every decal ever produced for 1/72 scale aircraft, vehicles, boats, etc. Not decals that come in the kits, after market decals. There are thousands, I know, and this is more of a long term project. Eventually I'll publish an illustrated listing, but right now I want to get things started on the database.

I have hundreds of after market decals, but as mentioned above, there are thousands. I'll be able to work from published ads, articles and reviews in the hundreds of magazines in the MAI Library as well as what I have on hand.

Is there anyone out there who would like to help? I need input in the form of Manufacturer, Product Number and Simple Description. I may need photocopies of things for which I don't have representative examples.

So, is anyone interested?

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

I can assist a little as I have a bunch of His-Air-Decs, some Stoppel and a couple whose names I've forgotten. Oh, there's the usual Micro/Superscale stuff too. Let me know if I can help.

Bill Banaszak

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I have some 1/72 scale AFV decals from Microscale, AFV-Decals and Archer that I can provide information about.

Reply to
RobG

Yes, please.

My knowledge of aftermarket vehicle decals s slim, at best.

Do you need my e-mail address?

TIA

Tom

Reply to