1/72 math help please -

are 1/72 figures the same as 28mm figures?

my kids are still asleep so I can't ask them. they make the old man look about as smart as dirt these days...

thx all - Craig

Reply to
crw59

No. If you consider that the 28mm represents a figure 6 feet tall, then

28mm = 1/65 which is effectively the same scale as S Gauge in model railways/railroads.

For 1/72, your best bet is 25mm scale.

I hope I'm not muddying the waters here, but if you decide to use model railway/railroad figures then there is no direct correlation to 1/72. HO is

1/87 while the nearest mach as OO and 1/76. OO is a weird and inaccurate scale/gauge combination used for historical reasons mostly in the UK.
Reply to
Enzo Matrix

25mm is right -- gives you a 72 inch tall figure in scale. HO scale figures look puny in most cases and a 72" high figure in HO would be about 21mm high or the equivalent of about 4'11".

OO (4mm scale or 1/76) is not a bad choice but only fails as a "scale" model railway gauge. Most of the equipment is set up to run on 16.5mm track which is -- surprise! -- HO gauge (1/87) as it is cheaper and more readily available. Diehards use either 18mm or P4 which is about

18.8mm I think.

One of the better letters I saw on the OO "scale versus gauge" argument was from somebody who claimed that the only "true" OO gauge was 28mm -- 7 feet. Signed himself "I. K. Brunel"!

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Use a mix - everyone is different height, from 20mm and up for adults.

4.2mm to a foot
Reply to
Martin

25.4 mm to and Inch 304.8 mm to a ft