1/72 scale U-Boat....GOT IT!

was that the 2 6 2? boston's museum of science had a steam loco along side the charles river locks, but after a very few years, the salt air and climate forced it's move to inside storage.

e wrote

There's a Type IXC/40 in Birkenhead; apparently it's the only U-boat to be raised after being sunk in combat, and it's actually owned by a Danish publisher.

Rik Shepherd

i'm pretty sure this was a 21 salvaged by britian from a target range at sea. it was the end of a history channel show about underwater tech and showed the relatively undamaged looking sub on a big barge. damn impressive looking beast. had dual gun mounts on each end of the conning tower and looked very sleek. anyone help?

There are several steam loco's inside. Nothing outside thatthey mentioned or indicated. I was there just last month.

Cliff. Jones

Reply to
Cliff Jones

e wrote: : : was that the 2 6 2? : It has been so long now, I don't recall what it was. But, yes, it probably was around that size. "Tracks Ahead" had an episode about the Zephyr going into its hole. No mention was made about its yard mates, however.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden