Airfix 1/32 (ish) Saladin from the early '70s?

I recently recieved a few early '70s Airfix Magazines. I was looking at one yesterday & saw an ad for Airfix's new 1/32 Saladin that was motorized. First thing I thought was the Tamiya Saladin of similar vintage. Anyway, apparently this Airfix one is more of a fairly well detailed toy. It looked pretty good in the one pic but the caption mentioned it was more for use with toy soldiers & the like but it was motorized, had a working suspension & moving turret. I immediately checked eBay & the only Airfix Saladins there are the 1/76 ones, so they may not be too common. Anyone here familiar with this one?

Reply to
frank

I think these were vinyl wargame/toy vehicles and not kits, so could be they put a motor in one for the toy market. Airfix had a lot of irons in the fire at the end of the 1960s and in the early 1970s so could be that is what this item is.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne