Airfix F-5 Tiger heritage.

Anyone (but esp Tom??) have any idea of the parentage of the Airfix F-5? It looks kinda Heller-ish, but I could be wrong. Any and all thoughts appreciated.

Thx RobG (The Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG

Both Airfix F-5s (the F-5A and the F-5E) are Airfix molds developed before the merger with Heller.

Reply to
Tom G

Tom G wrote in news:1194496030.132780.95410 @o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

Thanks Tom.

RobG (The Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG

Actually, it's the other way around - Heller reboxed the original Airfix F-5E kit.

Anyway, the Italeri Tiger II is the best choice in 1/72nd. The original issue had the standard nose and small LERXs, the more recent 'Swiss Tiger' rebox switched to a sharknose and large LERX configuration.

HTH,

Andre

Reply to
Andre van der Hoek

Thank-you all. And yes Andre, the Italeri Tiger is much better than Airfix's effort. I was just wondering, that''s all.

RobG (Tha Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG

IIRC, the original Airfix rendition included Imperial Iranian markings. Definitely different.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

You're correct, Bill. The F-5A came with Iranian markings.

Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN

Reply to
Don McIntyre