Airfix recalls TSR2 Models

Today it has been announced by the Humbrol Marfleet company in Yorkshire England that all TSR2 models recently sold to model enthusiasts around the world have to be recalled.

The UK Government has intervened in the production of the model stating that its manufacture contravenes a 1966 order which states all TSR2 aircraft, parts and TOOLS be destroyed. Because the TSR2 is moulded on a tool it has to be destroyed.

The managing director of Airfix kit, Roy Annoid, has stated that anyone with a kit has to return to its place of purchase. It does not matter if the kit is made, partially made or unmade, the kit has to be returned. Humbrol Marfleet may face fines of up to one million pounds per model not returned so there is keen interest in the Airfix camp to get them back.

Mr Annoid advised that, on return of the kit, the modeller will be presented with a voucher for a replacement kit. The kit will be an F111A which is more expensive but not quite as good as the TSR2 kit.

Please go to

for more information

Tim Brimelow

Reply to
tim brimelow

yeah, yeah, your a day freakin early.

Didn't know that April Fool's day was observed in Britain. Had me going there for a minute.

Reply to
M Stanley

An early April fools? Seems Airfix isn't in on this, or are they?

Reply to
bluumule

sounds like something Sikorsky tried to do....

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Sorry, you're about 5 1/2 hours too early for this timezone : )

Reply to
Jessie C

Sounds like Airfix will come out ahead paying me up to 999,999.99 pounds each to get mine back. :) I have two. I take PayPal.

Reply to
frank

He's an Aussie not a brit - you can tell by the accent and the lack of a reference to curry

Reply to
Jeff Barringer

devised a good one

Not in Oz where Tim is. Tomorrow will always come because Oz is there already. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

"Didn't know that April Fool's day was observed in Britain. Had me going there for a minute."

- Oh course we celebrate April Fools day - that's why the RAF was created today 88 years ago..........

Ian

Reply to
IanDTurner

Reply to
Andrew

Did the RAF ever actually fly F111's ?

Reply to
JP

NNnnnnooo, but the cancellation of TSR-2 was accompanied by the statement that the RAF's requirement would instead be met by the purchase of F-111's. Negotiations were entered into, and prototypes were nearly complete when the cost escalation became too much for the Government and they cancelled. Again.

The requirement was eventually met by - wait for it - a purchase of F-4's, although the role was actually filled by Buccaneers, the aircraft originally rejected by the RAF because it would stop them from getting TSR-2......

Reply to
Alan Dicey

A lot of floundering around in the bush for naught.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

So now you understand MOD procurement policy! :-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

No, but it never flew TSR2s either...

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I know, but I'm one of those sad gits who likes to say, " Hey I got the joke!"

Compliments to Tim.

Reply to
JP

Too bad you didn't get the second one as well...

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Y' reckon!

Yawn, you win.