TSR.2 kits to be recalled

Today it has been announced by the Humbrol Marfleet company in Yorkshire England that all TSR2 models recently sold to model enthusiasts around the world have to be recalled.

The UK Government has intervened in the production of the model stating that its manufacture contravenes a 1966 order which states all TSR2 aircraft, parts and TOOLS be destroyed. Because the TSR2 is moulded on a tool it has to be destroyed.

The managing director of Airfix kit, Roy Annoid, has stated that anyone with a kit has to return to its place of purchase. It does not matter if the kit is made, partially made or unmade, the kit has to be returned. Humbrol Marfleet may face fines of up to one million pounds per model not returned so there is keen interest in the Airfix camp to get them back.

Mr Annoid advised that, on return of the kit, the modeller will be presented with a voucher for a replacement kit. The kit will be an F111A which is more expensive but not quite as good as the TSR2 kit. Please go to

for more information

Reply to
mholt

You're slightly out of date. Due to the economic crisis the F111 offer has since been withdrawn. Customers will now receive a navy Phantom plus refurbished Canberra for each TSR2. The Phantom will be twice as expensive as the regular model. Customers who paid extra for the F111 will not receive any refund.

Airfix has since started work on a swing-wing replacement for the TSR2 which is as yet unnamed but generally referred-to as a "Multi Role Combat Aircraft" or "MRCA" for short. Hope that helps?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

MRCA = Must Refurbish Canberra Again

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

snipped-for-privacy@ohiohills.com wrote: : Today it has been announced by the Humbrol Marfleet company in : Yorkshire : England that all TSR2 models recently sold to model enthusiasts around : the : world have to be recalled. : I just acquired two examples, and will be holding them until replaced with an P-47H and an XP-72.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D[

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D[

of course he could offer to return them for 1/2 million pounds ea, saving airfix a million and garnering him a million in the process....a true win-win

Reply to
OldSchool

OldSchool wrote: : On Apr 2, 3:55??am, OM wrote: :> On 2 Apr 2009 05:15:38 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@realtime.net (Bruce Burden) wrote: :>

:> > ?? ??I just acquired two examples, and will be holding them :> > ?? ??until replaced with an P-47H and an XP-72. :>

:> ...Note that you live in the US, Bruce. Limey law can't touch you, so :> keep yours with impunity. :>

: of course he could offer to return them for 1/2 million pounds ea, : saving airfix a million and garnering him a million in the : process....a true win-win : Heck, I'm cheap, and will only ask for 1/2 million DOLLARS. Ummmm, US, not those Zim things.

Bet I could find those P-47/XP-72 molds then!

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Here in the UK we have something called April Fools Day, and it's on April

1st. Methinks you've been had.

Reply to
Steve Bowyer

Steve Bowyer wrote: : Here in the UK we have something called April Fools Day, and it's on April : 1st. Methinks you've been had. : Never heard of it. But then, what can you expect from some uncultured rubes who stick feathers in hats and call it maccaroni?

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

crappy maccaroni