Any good model shops in Milwaukee?

I'll be in Milwaukee this weekend, just wondering if there are any decent model shops worth peeking into?

That's Milwaukee, WI, by the way...as if there was another that mattered...

Thanks,

-- Wojo

This is not a signature. Never was.

Reply to
Wojo

Greenfield News and Hobby, 6815 West Layton Avenue. Phone: (414) 281-1800 Used to reccommend Cudahy News and Hobbies, but it seems to be fizzling - at least it was last I was there, about two years ago.

There's also big bear, don't recall where it is though. (414) 647-8391

Reply to
EGMcCann

Big Bear Hobbies is on Lincoln Avenue, and has a lot of stuff (mostly military) with great service. Not too far away is Greenfield News and Hobby, which is much larger. They have a lot of other stuff like art supplies, rockets, cars, etc.

Reply to
Viperdoc

...plus two modeling groups (dont' recall if both are ipms chap's or not) meet there - one on a Friday, one on a Saturday, IIRC.

Reply to
EGMcCann

Hobby Horse? Waukesha??1991-1992

Reply to
BSchiltz

Greenfield News is owned by the same people who owned Cudahy News and Hobby. Originally they planned to keep both stores open, but with the movement of most of the hobby stuff and the personnel to the Greenfield store the Cudahy store died a slow death and is now closed.

John

Reply to
John Plzak

The R.I. Bong Chapter (one of the older IPMS Chapters) meets on the 2nd Friday of the month (Aug 8th) at the Wauwatosa Savings Bank on 27th street just a few blocks south of College Ave. The meetings start at 7:00PM and visitors are very welcome. This month we are having a swap meet meeting. Usually we have a couple of dozen models on display each month.

John

Reply to
John Plzak

Ahh... Hobby Horse. Used to be in Brookfield Square Shopping Center... but it has since closed it's doors. I think the only one left is in Madison. I grew up around there, so I used shop there every Saturday when I got my allowance. Memory Lane. Big Bear is excellent, been around for awhile, although the owner's name escapes me... I moved away 18 years ago to CA and I wish there was something like that out here. I still get there everytime I go back and visit the family...

-randy

Reply to
Randy Bumgardner

My sister went to Marquette and I used to zip out there, there is one at West Towne mall in Madison still

Reply to
BSchiltz