Atomic City Mercury capsule

I was wondering if anyone might provide some tips on painting the astronaut figure included in this kit? I have never attempted a vinyl / polythene figure and I want to be cautious as to what might be some pitfalls in working with this material. Thanks

Reply to
mando.villarreal

I did the cleaning up with a sharp scalpel, primed with Mr Surfacer White then finished the suit with silver leaf Rub'n'Buff for most of it, Humbrol 11 for the zippers and other details with the helmet sprayed with Tamiya white from a spray can.

I really enjoyed making the kit and could easily be tempted into doing another one.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Bivens