B-52H

I fine kit it is too.

Golden Dragon supposedly went on a "sabbatical" of sorts in order to catch up with all his back orders and making masters for his promised items. That was back in early spring, and he was supposed to be at the IPMS USA Nationals, but cancelled. Great Models Webstore had announced they were going to be the exclusive distributor for his items, but I haven't heard anything since April or so.

I thought they went out of business?

I have the Fox One B-52H (Combat in the BUFF) sheet, excellent sheet and highly recommended.

Considering it's been a year or more since the kit was supposed to be out, and AMTech is just now getting back on their collective feet...

Ken

Reply to
Ken Lilly

Okay, so I've finally gotten around to finding the Zip disk with my _OLD_ webpage on it, and was able to figure out how to add the particular portion with the B-52 kitbash to my current webpage.

Here's the link:

That goes directly to the B-52 conversion page of the site, but go ahead and cruise around the web ssite, I've got _TONS_ of other a/c pics on the site, some are pretty damned rare.

Hope this helps!

-andy

Reply to
Drew Hill

Their website is still active at

Curious thing though, if you click on the "Home" link it takes you to Hannants. I believe the latter may be running both Airwaves and Paragon.

Curt

Reply to
Curt

Drew, I'm able to see the berbage, but can't see the pics. Is it a problem on my end? No "red x's" or anything just a blank spot.

Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN

Reply to
Don McIntyre

Ooops, meant "verbage..."

Reply to
Don McIntyre

Hi Drew, Thanks for this article, very interesting! Any chance of getting the photos online? I'd love to see the 'in progress' photos from your conversion project.

Reply to
Pauli G

Okay, so _SOMEHOW_ I screwed up where the pics were located within my website. That's now fixed. At least, I _THINK_ it is... I've been checking with two other computers and it's all coming up the way that it's supposed to.

Once again, the link is:

Sorry about the confusion!

-andy

Reply to
Drew Hill

Super page! Thanks for posting it. Still busy reading it all :-)

Rob

My models:

Me 163B site:
AQM-34 site:

Rob de Bie

Just throw yourself into that "pre-aftermarket-era" mode. Become a scale *modeler*, and do it yourself!

You, and your friends, will be more impressed with the final results!

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Curt,

Looking at the fine print at the bottom of the Airwaves website it states that the company is now part of Hannants.

Bill

Curt wrote:

Reply to
William B. Smallshaw

quite simply WOW!!!!

Reply to
Gondor

That is a beautiful model! That thing has to be huge. One thing, however, is gnawing at me. What is the deal with the fillets at the leading edge wing root. I have never seen this on a real B-52. Is this something that AMT made up, or is it a special version of the G model? I have seen several scale models of the BUFF with these fillets, but again I have never seen those on a real B-52. Pls help straighten me out.

Reply to
Zack

These were to distinguish particular aircraft in satellite observation, those on non-SIOP missions IIRC.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

I have and AFAIK there's some type of missile guidance system located inside those. I'm just not sure whether it was a G or an H that I photo'ed without digging the prints out and looking.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Those fairings ('strakelets'), which served no aerodynamic purpose, were added to the wing roots of B-52s that were capable of carrying AGM-86B cruise missiles. They were required by the SALT II treaty so that Soviet photoreconaissance satellites could verify the number of ALCM-capable bombers in service.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Outstanding model and diorama, Andy! And I share your closing sentiments 100%.

Reply to
Al Superczynski