Bare jet engine 1:76 - 1:96 scale.

Reply to
R. Wink

NYC experimented with a J47 pod from a B-47 mounted on the roof of an RDC car. Since they didn't run out and buy up all the pods they coould get I think there were a few kinks to work out. The one that suggests itself would be the braking problem.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

What jet plane didn't they include one in?

I think I still have the engines from the Aurora B-70 in my parts box if those would help. They are about 2.5 inches long. I might have something else a little larger but I don't recall whence it came.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Who says Lancaster isn't noticed by the Federal Government? ;)

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

suggests

The jet pod on the RDC (Rail Diesel Car) was an experiment to try high speed rail, and adding the jet pod was seen as the easiest and cheapest way to go fast. The rail car reached a speeed of 183 mph! The pod was removed after the test and the RDC was returned to service.

I made a model of the test RDC some years ago, here's a shot of my model:

Bob Boudreau Canada

Reply to
railfan

I don't know, I didn't build that many Lindberg jets.... 8-P

Reply to
Old Timer

wow.

Didn't I see that in one of the model rr mags? I want to say RMC because I just went through a bunch of MRs and didn't see it.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

i don't watch the news, so that one got past me.

The Cessna that disrupted life in Washington the other day started from a small grass field near here. Moral of the story is: Never fly without a GPS device just in case you get lost.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

That would be spot-on, other than the price!!! Wow!!

Regards, Greg.P. NZ

Reply to
Greg Procter

Do Lindberg still exist?

I made the trip to my local model shop (four hour round drive) and didn't find anything other than a "Warthog" which appeared to have the engine as part of the nacelle molding rather than as a usable separate part.

Regards, Greg.P. NZ.

Reply to
Greg Procter

I believe Tamiya 1/48 Mig-15 kit comes with sep engine

Dan

Reply to
dan rutman

Yes, sort of. They were going great guns there in the early '90s with their automotive kits but they were turned to the dark side with their hopping cars. That's their primary focus now. As Kurt would say, they are in business to make money, not good kits.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

OK, but 1:48 is a bit large to go with 1:87! ;-)

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter