Best Cutaway Sub Model?

I'm interested in building a cutaway sub model...something I've never done...and to top it off, I'm mostly a model car builder so I'm not very familiar with what kits would fit the bill. The kit doesn't have to currently be in production...I don't mind looking. I'd just like to hear what folks have to say about which kit might be best (or offer the most potential). Although I haven't built but a few ships, I have been modeling for a long time, so I'm not afraid to tackle a kit with a few challenges.

Thanks all! Charles

Reply to
cts125

Revell of Germany does a cutaway model of U47 (Cat number 05060) in

1:125 it is still in production , check the website .

Kevin (Bluey) "I'm not young enough to know everything."

snipped-for-privacy@westnet.com.au

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

"> There is a new 1/72 scale kit for a German U-Boat from Revell Germany.

Submarine - Revell

Four internal compartment sections - Czech Masters

Crew members and related gear (Torpedos and Supplies) - Czech Masters

Action Crew - Andrea

Replacement deck section - brass with actual cutouts - Yankee models

Pressure hull - goes under outer hull - Yankee models

Brass enhancements for decc tower etc Eduard, WEM

Torpedos WEM

Decals U.A.L.D Germany

Some are hard to get.

Val Kraut