book alert (AIR)

Hi Troops:

I hit Barnes & Noble this afternoon after voting and found what looks like a goody for anyone who is interested in the history of the stuff we model. "Mosquitopanik" Martin Bowman Penn & Sword Publications 241 pages including 16 pages of photographs ISBN 1-84415-025-9 $39 U.S.

The term "Mosquitopanik" is a reference to the psychological impact of the deHavilland Mosquito on the Luftwaffe Night Fighter Force when the R.A.F. finally released the deHavilland fighter for offensive action over the continent. Bowman has done extensive research on the R.A.F. nightfighter force and the Mosquito squadrons and this latest of his books looks like a very fascinating story. If you haven't picked up his previous works, it's definitely recommended.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey