bronze green

what color is that? model master or humbrol number would help, or how to mix from rgb stock. and that nivo-how to mix?

x=no archive: yes

i'll use the dark slate gray, i think. thanks.

Humbrol Bronze Green - HU075 " Dark Slate Grey - HU102 Listed as "Army Green" Testors ModelMaster Dark Slate Grey - 2056 " " RAF Interior Green - 2062

I admit that I don't know whether the last one is truly Bronze Green.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Bronze Green is a dark, slightly brownish green that was used by the British Army as a vehicle colour for years. It was progressively replaced from the

1960's onward by various NATO inspired matt greens and is probably no longer used. Humbrol 75 is a good match although the exact tone and hue varied over the years and there were three distinct tones in 1939/40. I can't think of an RAF Interior Green that bears it any resemblance at all.

Nivo (Night Invisibility Varnish Orfordness) was a greyish dark green developed towards the end of World War One and used on RAF night bombers between the wars. It is available ready mixed from Xtracolor.

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin

Deep Bronze Green is still used on British airborne ordnance.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Only 'coz most of it's left over from WW2... (c:

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

I thought they used all that up during the Falklands unpleasantness... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

There was a US interior color called bronze green and it was not the same as the British armor color. Polly Scale has a set of interior colors out and it's in the set....keep in mind that the original sets had dull dark green and bronze green reversed (I don't know if they ever fixed the labelling problem).

Reply to
Ron

Now you tell us! :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Yeah, QC wasn't real sharp there. Floquil released ANA Blue-gray (a sorely needed color.) The first batch was fine. Several batches thereafter looked like Farbton 65. I saw many models painted this color, sure didn't look right. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

I wonder of they were given a sample of severely faded non-specular blue gray and told this was a sample of "the real thing"? That color was notorious for the things it did under Pacific Ocean sun and salt spray.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Well it *was* kinda obvious once you looked at the two. ;)

Reply to
Ron

That just goes to show that they made 'em good in the old days. Trouble is, will those old bomb casings explode properly when they're dropped on a modern target?

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Doubtful, they had it right the first batch. The ensuing batches were way too light. The last bottle I saw had returned to the proper shade and I bought it. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper