CMR 1/72 Avro York Conversion

Check out this new resin conversion for the Airfix Lancaster from Czech Master Resin on Cybermodeler Online

Michael Benolkin

"Michael Benolkin" wrote in news:z_ZBe.4133$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Lancaster from Czech

I'm glad you think $68 is reasonable. As much as I like the York I think this is an example of the hobby moving itself out of the reach of more and more people.

BTW, love the color reference work.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Thanks for the good words re: color references. There is more to come. As for the York, the value is in the eye of the beholder. The author of the review obviously likes the conversion while I maintain that it is in the wrong scale for these eyes...

Reply to
Michael Benolkin

I would like to point out that the manufacturer does not set the retail price...

However, both the silicone and the resin used to manufacture these kits is extremely expensive to start with - as anyone who's had a go at casting will know.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes

"Chris Hughes" wrote in news:dbc3i1$6ae$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com:

set the retail

manufacture these kits

a go at

I don't dispute that. But this is a hobby and many other neccessary things make demands on one's funds. And given the mass of kit's I've accumulated getting extras for each build can be problematic.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost