Decals for the Movie 'Dive Bomber'

We get an advanced look at this great new decal set from Yellow Wing Decals! Check it out on Cybermodeler Online

Michael Benolkin
  1. I don't think the "Tophatters" were a "notional" squadron but an actual squadron.

  1. There are the very good Wings vacs available for the BT-1 and the SOC

Reply to
Wildcat

Good catch - I've updated the review, thanks!

Reply to
Michael Benolkin

Update: Thanks to Wildcat for getting my nose back into the Monogram book. The Top Hat squadron wasn't notional, it was VB-3, but given the number of carriers they hopped around during 1939-40, I bet they wish they'd been notional! At any rate, the notional part of the decal set is the circle around the top hat - that was a Hollywood modification to the standard top hat emblem. Both versions are in the decal set. Also, Wayne Tevlin of Yellow Wings tells me that the retail price is $29.95 for the set of eight decal sheets. Not bad at all!

Reply to
Michael Benolkin

sorta OT but ISTR that microscale sheet 72-21 and a copy of which i have at home has some of the unit insignia featured on this new sheet. thanks for posting the details even though it is in 1/48 as you have helped confirm the era [1930s] of this microscale sheet.

thanks.

t.

Reply to
Trevor