Converting Trumpeter's F-105G to an F Model

Besides removing the ALQ-105 fairings on the fuselage and a new instrument panel for the back seat, are there any other MAJOR changes required to build a credible 1/32 F-105F? I'm more interested in the F model since there were many more of them used in the Vietname War.

TIA

Ed "The French couldn't hate us any more unless we helped 'em out in another war." --Will Rogers

(Delete text after dot com for e-mail reply.)

Reply to
RobbelothE

You also have to modify the wingtips by removing the antenna bumps and restore the nav lights to the positions that were covered by the antennas.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

What about the fin and rudder? I have been told that the G was different from the D and both Trumpeter's kits (the D and G) have the D fin and rudder. Essentially, the G kit is incorrect, and I bet someone at Meteor is working on a resin replacement as we correspond.

Bill Shuey

Dave Williams wrote:

Reply to
William H. Shuey

That's not entirely correct. The F/G fin was taller, and wider in chord above the air intake in the leading edge. Trumpeter did indeed put a different fin in the G kit, but it's not accurate. The new fin is taller, but incorrectly still has the same chord and LE profile as the D fin.

Don't know if anyone is doing anything at Meteor (personally, I doubt it), but RC Resins in the UK already has a corrected fin for the G kit, which would obviously also work for the F.

Dave .

Reply to
Dave Williams