Crusader F-8E or F-8J ?

been poking around and cannot tell, for the purpose of displaying a Crusader kit, if there is any real noticeable difference between the two variants.

The F-8E is out now and my buying finger is getting a bit twitchy.....

Can anyone offer if there are any major profile differences between the two? My only experience with the aircraft is from the movie Thirteen Days...

thx - Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

Musicman59 wrote in news:40e0a3de-0a1e-4741-8b3f- snipped-for-privacy@s38g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

I believe that the 'J' model was a re-manufactured 'E' just as the 'H' was for the 'D'. I don't recall any outline differences but the innards would have been updated.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Check here...a bit of useful info -

Rufus

many thx. looks like this question has been asked before. Several times.... Gonna go with the F-8E. Free shipping too!

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

i'm confused.

Reply to
someone

> +Crusader

...as usual, some variations in some variants of some aircraft are VERY subtle. Glad this jet ain't on my list of "must haves".

I've only ever met one Crusader pilot...said he "survived" F-8s.

Reply to
Rufus

About what? The main differences between an -E and a -J are that the -J has larger stabs and the leading edge flaps (called droops) are double hinged. There may also be some differences in the ECM fairings on the tail.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

>> +Crusader