F-15 Exhaust area

While looking at pictures to help prepare myself for making an F-15I I
found that the aircraft and lots of F-15E's have a change to the shape
of the fairing between the engine nozzles when the engines which I
assume happened when there was the change from feathered exhausts to
non feathered exhausts.
Can anyone direct me to a source of photographs or can send me some
that show the area between engine exhausts on the non feathered
aircraft.
Thanks in advance
Gondor
Reply to
Gondor
The only thing I know of is that the fairing that covers the rear of the arrestor hook was removed some time ago on US birds. The F-15I, even though the exhausts are feathered, have the fairing removed also.
Dave
Reply to
Dave Williams
Exactly the type of picture I was looking for Dave.
Just one question, that looks like a vertical plate that replaces the fairing, can you confirm if it is please as its a little difficult to tell from the pics which are just wonderful.
Thanks in advance
Gondor
Reply to
Gondor
Looks like the same plate as on US F-15s.
Dave
Dave Williams
Absolutely fantastic detail shot Dave. If I had managed to find thous pictures on the net I would not have had to ask here as they are just the kind of picture I was looking for. Many thanks.
Regards
Gondor
Reply to
Gondor
While this isn't an F-15E you may find some useful shots here:
They're photos of an F-15C I took in Keflavik Iceland.
Don McIntyre
Reply to
Don McIntyre
Nice set of pictures. Thats the first time I have seen pictures of an operational F-15C with CFT's. The picture of the tial hook also shows some detail that I didn't have from other photographs so thank you.
Regards
Gondor
Reply to
Gondor
You're quite welcome, glad I could help. Don McIntyre
Reply to
Don McIntyre
Small world Don I worked this very F-15D at Langley AFB, at the time she was assigned to the 1st TFW 1st AGS 94TH TFS B Flt I helped transfer her to Iceland
Reply to
Daryl