F-16 Exhaust Nozzles

While reading various articles about modeling the F-16 I realised that I was getting confused about the exhaust nozzles. Am I right in the following assumptions ?

1) the F-16 A/B, F-16ADF, F-16MLU and the F-16I, all have the same exhaust nozzle.

2) the F-16 C/D in all block numbers uses a different exhaust nozzle than the aircraft listed in 1)

Thanks in advance

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor

There are two engines used by the F-16, the Pratt & Whitney (P&W) and the General Electric (GE).

All F-16A/Bs, including the MLU and ADF, and C/D Blocks 25, 32, 42, and 52 (The F-16I is a modified Block 52) use the P&W exhaust. The only difference in any of them is that the Block 52 uses carbon fiber exhaust petals so they are black instead of metallic like all of the others.

F-16C/D Blocks 20, 40, 50 and 60 all use the GE engine with the same exhaust.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams