fa 61

Focke Achgelis (The Focke half was of Focke-Wulf fame, after Wulf had been outted as "less than loyal")

The Old Timer

Green mentions two 1936 Fw 61 experimentals in the preface to the FW section of his "Warplanes of the Third Reich". Professor Focke became interested in helicopters and left FW in 1937. By then Kurt Tank was becoming the driving force in the organisation. Herr Georg Wulf had died in 1927 while testing the F19 Ente. There's no mention of any younger Wulfs in the company but it wouldn't surprise me if the situation did arise. Anyhoo, I think you're going to have to dig for pictures and plans of the 61.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

i think you're right, bill.

I checked the MAI Research Service files and found sixteen hits. I'm sure that some are duplicate photos and there are no plans.

Without digging (new roof going on, library is buried for a few days) the best sources seems to be: Aeroplane Monthly 7/85 and 8/85. Airpower Vol.20/#2. Fieseler Fi 103R, Myhra,Schiffer. Scale Modeler Vol.18,#11.

All four have multiple photos. The rest all offer a single photo. Helicopters (Time/Life Books) offers a photo and a color illustration.

Anybody want an info packet please e-mail me directly.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

thanks, tom.

I'll try to make up for my previous misreading of the website and pass along this address:

for a series of photets (unfortunately all b/w)

The Old Timer

Cool reference John. It adds some detail to Green's story, too.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak