Famous model builders

defective
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

I can see their faces but I don't necessarily recall all of their names. Of course, the ones who made a great impression on me back then have not faded. Some who made a bad impression have had their names thrown to oblivion.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote in

But hot damn did she look fine in those boots!
RobG (The Aussie one)

rob, that bitch would only look good hanging in gallows or being shot, or you get it.
Enzo Matrix wrote:

Didn't I hear Walt Disney was one, too?
--
-Jack

As was Walt Disney.....
Johny Cash was an avid model railroader. I believe the ex-husband of Lynn Johnson, cartoonist For Better or Worst, was a model railroader.

Just finished reading 1776 (McCoullough) and it mentioned that King George III was a ship-model lover.. didn't say if he was a builder or just collector.
--- Stephen

John F. Kennedy. He had a collection of ship models.
Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922 {Sig Quotes Removed on Request}
Stephen Bierce wrote:

Jimmy Stewart and Henry Fonda used to get together to build wooden flying models.
Pat
snipped-for-privacy@daktel.com wrote:

ezra pound and ts eliot are fighting in the captain's tower while..... oops, wrong song.
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

IIRC, it was Jane Fonda that told that story about them during a interview about how she grew up. Can you imagine this kid sitting at the top of the basement stairs, and hearing those two great voices rising up from below? "You're weighing her down...you're using too much glue." "No I'm not, Jimmy, she needs that strength if she has a hard landing." "Nope, nope, she won't have a hard landing if you build her light enough... she'll come down smooth and slow if you keep her light enough." "Let me guess, this is the 'B-36 lesson' again, isn't it?" "Well...yeah... The B-36 is a great aircraft, and built mighty light in regards to wing loading versus overall weight." "So you're suggesting I should replace the balsa-wood parts with magnesium?" "Well... I wasn't suggesting that, Hank...I was just suggesting a little less epoxy glue might make her fly better." "Well, Jimmy...when you build your plane you can use as little epoxy glue as you want, but this one is going to be strong." "Your...your...choice, Hank...but is sounds like the Russian way of doing things if you ask me, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if your children grow up to to be commies because of that approach to flying model building." "What in God's sake are you talking about, Jimmy?" "You just wait Hank... one of these days one of your kids is going to be sitting on a commie antiaircraft gun, because of your choice to use too much epoxy glue on that balsa model aircraft structure." :-D
Pat
snipped-for-privacy@daktel.com wrote:

baliff! whack his pee pee!
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

"Take her from this place, and bring her around to my place". - Judges skit # 2 - Monty Python. Meanwhile, "The Wrath Of Spiny Norman": http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_idU7613&in_page_id 70
Pat

in_articl
"On with the pixie ears! Bring in the skating vicar! 'Every thing goes in ...'"
--
"Evolution can be mean -- there's no 'dumb-ass' vaccine." -- Jimmy
Buffett

intercourse the penguin!
Former race car driver and automotive writer Sam Posey is not only a model rail roader but wrote a good book about it: "Playing With Trains".
Jack G.

Mel Torme http://www.internetmodeler.com/1999/july/columns/editorial.htm
Hmmmm... No one has mentioned Hermann Goering, who had quite a model railroad layout.
Of course, he also had a 1:1 air force to play with as well.
Andy

i hear he hd a pretty good art collection. i really like the fact that his vemeer was a fake. he payed a lot for it and it was his favorite painting. apparenty when an allied art expert told him it was a forgery, he was more bummed than when told he would be tried for war crimes. where did you hear about model trains? i've never read that in a bio. i don't doubt you in the least, i'm just surprised that none of the so-called experts even mentioned it. i bet he had all the good marklin's and lionel rarities.