Flat base and wash problem

Hi, I used tamiya flat base to turn my gloss ping into flat pink - worked perfectly (both Tamiya) Then I washed the model in black - and the paint turned glossy :( Can I use flat base somehow to restore flatness? I tried painting it but this dries white. Maybe strongly diluted flat base? Or should I but something else - can anyone recommend a paint that can be easily painted over to increase flatness? It cannot be Testors/Gunze/Polly - i havent seen those in Polish e-shops, at least not in those I buy paints. So it can be Pactra/Humbrol/Vallejo/Tamiya.

I have someting called matte varnish from Vallejo - but it is difficult in use. One have to paint in very quickly and touch area only once - it is very inconvienient. I already made one model looking ugly after painting it with this varnis.

Maciek

Reply to
Maciek

Flat base cannot be painted on its own. Mix it with some Tamiya gloss and try painting with that.

Reply to
Blackbird

Ok thanks, I will try that.

Maciek

Reply to
Maciek

Flat base is supposed to be added to gloss paints to make them flat. I got these mixes from some other person sometime ago.

(10) Ten parts Tamiya clear to (1) one part flat base for a flat finish. (15) Fifteem parts Tamiya clear to (1) One part flat base for a semi gloss.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)