Forums

I am afraid I am witnessing the last days of Usenet. I can remember
when this group had around 200 messages a day. The other day there were
two, though it is generally four or five times that much. It is not just
this group- all the groups I subscribe to are dying. Almost all of my
local friends have moved to web-based forums instead.
The thing I always liked about rms was the fact that it was multi-genre,
and included tools, paints, etc. Most of the forums friends have
suggested to me are single genre. Can anyone suggest a web forum (or
even Yahoo group) that is as broad as rms? Or at least multi-genre?
Reply to
Don Stauffer
BTW, this is not just for Airfix kits despite the name of the forum. It's also especially good for retro modelling subjects.
(kim)
Reply to
kim
Try Britmodeller. The front page says it has a "slightly British slant" but only slight;ly. Everyone is welcome there.
Enzo Matrix
While the above places are nice, I like the anything goes aspect of RMS. And we are in the summer slowdown, at least in my neck of the woods.
Reply to
eyeball
: : While the above places are nice, I like the anything goes aspect of : RMS. And we are in the summer slowdown, at least in my neck of the : woods. : Not quite like the good old days, when summer break meant traffic on RMS would drop 1/3 to 1/2. :-)
And, of course, long before Wang Foo would sell us the latest cheap ass knock offs from the "middle kingdom".
Totally off topic, but in the 70's there was a lot of push against "jap crap", until Japanese products proved to be better than US made products. Why no push back against Chinese made products? Is it because there are no US made products? Can't be. US made drywall never did funky things to your wiring...
Bruce
Reply to
Bruce Burden
No common theme, no stereotype, to Chinese kits. Some are cheap and not so good, but others, like Trumpeter, are very expensive but very good.
Reply to
Don Stauffer
Show me something that's really US made (not assembled) so I can comment on it.
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Bruce
urden =A0 =A0Austin, TX.
Reply to
eyeball
it's really beautiful. but i bet many are sold and few are built. it will be another b36. no one will have space for it. or people will build it for shows then give it away. i want one, too, or three.
Reply to
someone
...I'll build one if/when I can get one!
And if Airfix is taking suggestions in 1/24, how about an Me 410...
Reply to
Rufus
Armorama.com has subforums for all genres despite the name and its beginnings as an armor/diorama forum.
Fine Scale Modeler's website likewise has all genres as well.
Both sites have off topic forums. Armorama also has a former serviceman's forum, militaria forum, history club forum, TV & movies, etc.
Reply to
Rob Gronovius

Site Timeline