really good colors site

what i'm building?

Reply to
someone

A Farleigh Fruitbat?

Thanks for the heads up on that site. I now have something else to use time on. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
William Banaszak

amazing site. just picked one plane at random, the Kawasaki Tony - full screen profile of the plane.

whoa !!!!!

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

it is a brillant site. with new adds constantly. it seems that the me410's were gray or green. i did like the smaller wasp on the late wespe geshwader ac. i'm building a lindberg and a matchbox 410. going to scratch interiors on both. the matchbox glass is much better, so i'll vac form a canopy for the lindberg. it only needs minimal trim to fit! i'm sanding the rivets off the lindberg and fabbing a floor.

Reply to
someone

yeah, where has that site been hiding?

Reply to
someone

As well as making plastic models I do a lot of 'virtual' painting on aircraft used in computer flight simulators and that site is well known amongst the virtual repainting community. There are a number of others out there too which offer side views (and sometimes top/bottom views).

Reply to
Larry Green

urls?

Reply to
someone

...browsed, bookmarked!

Reply to
Rufus

Try these, a mixture of all my bookmarked reference sites.....

Larry Green

excellent. thanks

Reply to
someone

I built the Lindberg a long time ago in the '60s and thanks to Mr. Green's books I caught the booboo on the position of the landing gear doors before I committed them to glue.

Never built Matchbox's kit although I owned one for awhile. I did assemble the Frog kit and, IIRC, used Letraset markings on it.

All that's left here now is the half-built Bilek Me 210 that I'm doing in Hungarian markings.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
William Banaszak

they really hated the hungarians, didn't they?

Reply to
someone

For some reason I can't access the profiles on the site. Every time I click on one, all I get is lines of text and a suggestion to go to the archives. Using Firefox and don't have the problem elsewhere Bugadifino

> guess what i'm building? >

Reply to
Stadia

on 6/26/2009 6:02 AM (ET) Stadia wrote the following:

I have no problem with Firefox accessing the site.

Reply to
willshak

Oh yeah, but it's a grabbag. All of it is from previous sources, and there's no filter, so you could be getting someone's 1965 Profile guesswork or "Windsock" quality artwork. As well, I think they haven't paid anyone for the artwork.

Reply to
tomcervo

IIRC, the Germans never gave anything away. They made everybody pay for the equipment they got. No wonder the Finns were so thrifty about salvaging stuff.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
William Banaszak

they certainly hosed the italians. reading the goebbels dairies for '42, we find the little clubfoot munchkin pontifiicating on how much italian filmstars will cost to take all the italians film industry money. and he backhanded laughs at el douche for paying 5x prices the hungarians pay for old stukas.

Reply to
someone