Future Tamiya 1/72?

"Gondor" wrote in news:cq9k81$78c$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk:

Are you perhaps meaning the A-26 a completely different aircraft?

Reply to
Gray Ghost

8^) No, we're going to experience full subject drift and confusion here thanks to the Airforce's negligence in using the same designation twice. The title of this thread is "B-26 Marauder" as in Martin B-26 Marauder. Monogram makes a short wing B which can be backdated to a B-26 A with the Squadron clear parts. Airfix, Matchbox, Revell also make long wing kits in 1/72.

Now if you want the counter invader you're talking about a Douglas A-26 Invader; completely different aircraft. Airfix is the only kit so far in 1/72.

Monogram makes BOTH in 1/48 scale. Anyone dizzy yet? hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Reply to
Mark Levine

That's exactly my biggest fear. I'm telling you Mark, if Hasegawa were to do a new mold 1/72 B-26, A-26 or A-20, I'd be warming up the credit card for sure!

Reply to
Pauli G

That's exactly my biggest fear. I'm telling you Mark, if Hasegawa were to do a new mold 1/72 B-26, A-26 or A-20, I'd be warming up the credit card for sure!

Reply to
Pauli G

Hey Keeper, what was the scale of that antique that Monogram put out back in the day? Box scale I know, and somewhat smaller than 1:72, but what?

The Old Timer

scale I know, and somewhat smaller than 1:72, but what?

A little bigger at 1/67 scale.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

opps, sorry for the wrong id for the aircraft type, I somehow thought it was the same aircraft we were talking about, My appolagies. Alastair Macfarlane

Reply to
Gondor

Same here. They did do the B-25, so I guess there's hope.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

...and the B-25 scaled out at 1/70th. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Actually it's 1/69.5th. :-)

I'm just finishing the Monogram section of ESM 72 Vol.8, #2. During the search I found a review of the old Monogram B-25 by Roger Jackson. You have to see it to believe it.

Considerng what he had to work with that is one beautiful model.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

That URL doesn't work for some reason but this one should be good: .

Check out his work on the old B-26 kit as well: .

He did a *fantastic* job on both models.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I initially thought he'd done these in the early seventies prior to newer "on scale" offerings. Turns out he did them recently to relive his first forays into modeling, ya gotta identify with that! Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

What version you trying to build?

Don't reply to the btconnect address - and remove nospam!!

Reply to
Dave Fleming

None in the forseeable, just asking. I built the Revell kt when t was new out of the box.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

I've been back in modeling for over ten years now. Jackson's B-25 is one of the most amazing projects I've ever seen. A true labor of love. No "shake 'n bake" kits for Roger!

As a contemporary of Jackson's, his review brought back a lost modeling memory when he referred to

"The instruction sheet would have the modeler install the main wheels by flaring the strut axles with a heated knife (!)."

I had completely forgotten about this method. We always used the flat side of a screwdriver blade as it was safer than a knife. I remember that if one got the blade too hot or if one pressed too hard the whole thing became one immovable blob of plastic. We used the same trick on the propellers. I can say with pride that our propellers *always* turned! :-)

Jackson "flew" missions on his bicycle. My brother and our friends flew more hazardous missions. While standing on our chest of drawers, we would launch the planes through the air to a (sometimes) safe landing on the bed. Events would take a sci-fi twist when the dog would suddenly take interest in this airborne prey, leaping onto the bed and crushing the hapless airmen and their craft in its massive (scale) jaws.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

I think I used an old vegetable knife of my mother's. I'm sure she was thrilled.

I remember that if one

Or the little 'strings' would pull away from the assembly.

We used the same trick on the propellers. I can

I set mine in the open window to watch the prop whizz around in a breeze.

My brother and our friends flew

I lost a few horses and cowboys to the same type of jaws. They weren't on the bed. They were abducted from the carton in which they resided when not performing their duties. I never had the heart to dispose of them until a few years ago. "Yup, Jed it was awful the way those big teeth just chewed me up!"

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller