Future - UK equivalent

Hi there

Having just come back to the hobby after a 20 year hiatus, I have been reading a lot about "Future". Can someone enlighten me as to:

(a) what it is (b) what it's used for; and (c) is there an equivalent UK product?

Cheers thanks.

Reply to
Raffi Varoujian

Hi, UK equivalent is called Johnson's Klear

HTH ....................SiG

Reply to
SiG

a. It is a wax floor polish.

b. It can be used to seal paint and provide a gloss finish prior to decalling. After decalling, it will seal the decals. You can also use it to provide a glassy finish on canopies. To some extent it will even fill small scratches on the canopies. It can be brushed on or airbrushed. Oddly enough, you can even use it to polish floors! :-)

c. Johnson Kleer

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Small correction. It may be made by Johnson Wax, but it's got no wax in it. It is in fact a clear acrylic varnish.

Tony P

Reply to
Tony P

This *really* needs to be added to the group's FAQ:

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

not wax-acrylic. big difference

Johnsons Kleer

Used to coat floor tiles with - works well on vinyl and ceramic!

Reply to
Martin

also wood and sunburned auto paint.

Martin wrote

Aha! Another railway modeller! :-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Yes and I occasionally post to uk.rec.models.rail

And I have mentioned this to you before

I use to post with my surname until I got picked on by trolls (which was sorted out off NGs by a group of experts and resulted in servers being closed, 1 troll arrested, and one of the worst I will not mention except by email)

Jerry is a bit irritating isn't he?

Coopercraft that's it - I really pity them - great kits released about 1 year before Bachmann bring out their models.

I still want some etched brass E1883 sides, a nice RKB (the 15xx number jobbies), a 2d BFK (Only AC Mk 2 which cannot be hacked easily), I have converted half of my 2D TSOs to 2E.

I really want a Hornby 50, Bachmann 92220, a decent 37/4 (got a 37/0), a Hymek, a NBL Warship (D601) and type 2s (D63xx and a D6122).

DC Kits are tempting me with a 119, 120 and 128 DMUs, and unlike planes you can play with them when you have finished making them!

Reply to
Martin