glass needed

anyone have the cockpit glass from a testor's ju 188 they could trade, sell, or give me? a loan would also work as i could vac form a set. or more if you wanted some also. i had hoped to mod a matchbox one, but that was a no go.

Reply to
someone

I don't have the parts, but you may try posting your request here:

HTH

Reply to
Don McIntyre

sure couldn't hurt. thanks don.

Reply to
someone

What's wrong with Squadron's vac one?

Reply to
frank

for the matchbox kit? ok,

Reply to
someone

Looky what I found:

replace it when you can improve on it for under $4.00?

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Squadron's one is for the Italari one, and that's the Testors version.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

yes, but is the testors the same as the revell? i can't seem to get a strait answer. perhaps tom y knows?......cough, cough. but thanks.

Reply to
someone

i screwed up because of the box color. i have the revell. somehow i don't think it's the same. i tried the matchbox one, in case, and no go. appreciate your help...

Reply to
someone

Yup, and they are both the same as the Italeri one. Around 3/4 of the way down this page:

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

that helps a great deal. danke!

Reply to
someone

Possibly the Testors kit is the same. I once had the Revell/Italeri version and may have the instructions & box art scanned. I'll have to check.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

With all the glass area on the vacuformed canopy, you now have a good reason to superdetail the cockpit, as it should be quite visible.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

to the best of my limited abilities, you bet.

Reply to
someone

Yeah, all three (Testors, Revell, Italeri) are the same kit.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

I found that over here:

is a lot of fun to read. The Matchbox one didn't even include the transparent windows for the ventral gunner position, which really sucked. I never even finished mine because of that.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Since I don't have the box art (didn't check instructions) I'm glad to have the confirmation.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Just checked the paper inventory and I have the kit number listed as H-2010. That's one of the largest H- numbers I've ever seen. IIRC, the rocket & missile kits were in the H-18xx series.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller