Halberstadt D.II

I have a Pegasus 1/72 Halberstadt D.II on the to-build stack. Looks like a nice little kit, allowing for a bit of creative substitution of brass for the provided stock material.

I do not have much in the way of detailed references for the Halb. The Pegasus scheme

green / brown camo over linen) looks OK. I am curious about this finish. Does anyone have it in any references? A man could go blind trying to figure it out from the photos I've seen. Pegasus and a couple of modelers who've posted images on the web seem to have painted the camo pattern with a fairly broad feather between the green and brown. This implies that the historical finish was applied using some kind of spray. Does anyone know if this is the case? And if it was sprayed, was it still the typical semi-gloss dope, or was it some kind of matte paint?

Norm

Reply to
Norm Koger

A quick search found

the best pic but it does look sprayed to me.Unfortunately it's hard to tell how much gloss the finish had.

Reply to
eyeball

And of course as soon as I posted that I found this

looks like CDL?

Reply to
eyeball

Norman:

Here is a source for all things W.W.I Aviation related. Try the Windsock datafiles for info on individual aircraft types.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey