Help! Datsun 1970 240Z Oil Filter

I'm a first-time modeller so

A while back I started building a 1970 Datsun 240Z from a Revell kit I got at my local hobby store. Things had been going pretty well until I got to the engine assembly. Now I've run into some consusion with the oil filter and I'm not quite sure what to do.

The instructions do not clearly show where the oil filter is supposed to go. I see that there is a dotted line that goes down on the right side of the engine, indicating that the filter goes somewhere in that vicinity, but I'm not sure exactly where. There are some small holes on the side of the engine block, but I don't know if that's where the filter is supposed to go. I'm trying to be as accurate as possible without driving myself bonkers in the process. I DO want to actually FINISH this thing someday. Being a first-timer, I don't have much skill so I'm trying to keep it simple, but still have it look good.

Thanks for any help or advice. Once I get the filter done I should be well on my way to finishing the engine and then finishing the car.

-Bill H.

Reply to
Bill H.

me too, i often came accross cop cars for sale..

Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

The best thing to do would be to check out E-bay Motors for any 240Zs being sold. There are usually many pictures accompanying an auction and engines are prime interest spots. I've done quite a lot of research there for various auto models. Hope that helps.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Bill,

Found what you want.....posted pics on a.b.m.s. for you. Hope this helps. They are large, so maybe they'll help.

Mike G.

Reply to
Mike G.

Post pics when you get it done ok?

Reply to
Mike G.

Thanks, Mike.

I'll post pics when it's done, but don't expect too much! I'm learning as I go on this one...

Thanks for the pics.

-Bill H.

Reply to
Bill H.