Hindenburg question

Does anybody know where I can find reasonably good photos of the cables to the control surfaces of the Hindenburg? I'm building the Revell Germany

1/720 kit and would like to add as much detail as possible. Any other exterior detail photo sources would be appreciated also. Thanks.
Reply to
blueleader

Although I don't recall whether it includes control-cable photos, the following book may be of interest if you don't have it already:

Archibold: 'Hindenburg: An Illustrated History' (Warner Books [USA],

1994; 230 pages)

Several used copies can be found at

by typing "Archibold" into the Author field and "Hindenburg" into the Title field.

Charles Metz

Reply to
Charles Metz

As an extension to this thread, does anyone know of a source for drawings of some of the German Naval Zepplins used in World War I? I know that there are no kits in existence and am facing the fact it will have to be a scratchbuild project. I will need drawings to start with...

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Reasonably good drawings are in "The Zeppelin in Combat" by Douglas Robinson. IIRC, teh 3rd edition has the best drawings - the 4th, published by Schiffer, doesn't have them. Also, Google for "airship" and "zeppelin" together.

V/R: Mike McDaniel

Reply to
HMS Lion

Ken Munson did a book on lighter-than-air ships. The drawings aren't really too detailed, but they sure give you a nudge in the right direction.

The Old Timer