HOW TO ID OLD AMT CAR DECALS

I HAVE ACQUIRED A LARGE COLLECTION OF AMT CAR KITS 1/25 - FROM

1958-1964.. THE PERSON SEPERATED THE DECAL SHEETS FROM THE KITS, I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN THESE TOGETHER AGAIN.. ANY ONE HELP! .. REGARDS GARY
Reply to
lettercarrierc2

Check the reverse side for numbers. That might help if they correlate to the kit numbers.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

If you have the boxes, compare the box art with the decal sheets Ol '45

Reply to
Ol' 45

Been trying to reach you. Can't do it over the forum. Know someone that may help you but will need pictures of decals and list of kits.

Reply to
engineprep

Still hanging in at Ford?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Am now retired after 33 2/3 years.

Reply to
engineprep

Good time to get out, I guess.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

That may work for the newer ones, but the earliest AMT kits used generic box art with the car kit inside only printed on the end - and without decals. As well, it seems to me that the earliest ones may have used a selection of generic decal sheets.

You might get some references by searching ebay auctions for the kits you have and hope some or all of the decal sheet is shown either intact or installed on the car (since a lot of builders slapped on everything in the box. Good luck with this project!

-- C.R. Krieger

Reply to
C.R. Krieger