Lancaster mainwheels question.

I have the new Revell 1/72 Lancaster, which is an outstanding kit, except for the mainwheels. Apart from being a bit slab-sided and having no hub detail, they appear to be oversize. I make them to be about 24mm in diameter, against about 21mm which is the size of the wheels on the Revell

1/72 Dambuster variant. This may not seem much, but it looks a lot more. The Dambuster version wheels also have a much more realistic "bulbous" look, as well as some nice hub detail (but the rest of the kit is terrible!) Does anyone know which one is correct? I have a pair of wheels which came from a Matchbox Halifax (never throw anything away!) and they are almost identical to the Dambuster wheels (21mm) so I could could use these.

Regards

Pat Macguire

Reply to
Syke

There are after market wheels available from a few sources to replace the inaccurate ones supplied in the new Revell kit.

Reply to
Gondor