Locating Gunze Paints

Does anyone know of a mail order source in the US for Gunze paints? I've had no luck finding a source, either hobby store or mail order company, that carries a decent supply. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

Reply to
MGlantzMN

Here's a link to the supply lost at King's Hobby in Austin, Texas. Always a good supply in stock.

Gunze Sanyo

Cheers!!!

BobbyG

Reply to
Bobby Galvez

Mike:

Have you tried Squadron Mailorder?? Their July flyer had a half page add on Gunze paints. $1.98 per bottle.

http://www.squadr>

Reply to
William H. Shuey

If it's Mr. Color Lacquer you're looking for try

Chaos Returned

I have had the same problem.

If I spray Polly Scale, Aeromaster, or Future over Gunze Aqueous then the Gunze will craze.

This has happened to me about 3 or 4 times.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Seniuk

FWIW I also had cracking problems when putting clear coats over Poly-S. I learned a lesson from that experience and I always put Poly-Scale in my dehydrator for 24 hours before overcoating. Same with Tamiya or Gunze.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

For all intents and purposes Polly Scale and Aeromaster are the same exact paint, only the colors are different. I've never had a problem in

100+ model spray>
Reply to
Ron

I frequently use Tamiya White acrylic as a primer coat for Polly Scale--Never had a problem yet with cracking. OTOH, I always let it dry for at least a day, and I don't spray thick coats of any of this stuff, to minimize the top layer dissolving the bottom. I've run Future over Tamiya also without ever having a problem--same idea--make sure the last coat cures before adding another. I've even used Floquil Railroad Flat thinned with Diosol over all of those acrylic finishes, but in very light coasts--again, no problem. Most of these issues probably arise out of trying to do too much too fast.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Phoenix Model Company

carries Gunze paints.

Remove "spamkill" from my e-mail address to reply.

Reply to
JRSJLS