LOU IV (8th AF P-51D)

Alright: Is it green or is it blue?

On-line images show both.

Information? Opinions? Jeers?

Reply to
CortxVortx

Ron Smith

It's green as this photo clearly shows.

Probably RAF Dark Green. I believe that the blue interpretation came from a faulty printing in an aviation book durings the 1960s. Many of the online images showing the blue colour are of a restored P-51 that crashed last year, sadly killing the pilot. There's an easy way of telling. The restored aircraft has the fin extension. The original aircraft didn't.

However, if you like the blue look, then paint it that way. It's your model! :-)

Another thing to note... look at the invasion stripes on the lower fuselage. Definitely not straight and regular.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Very intelligent discussion on the subject here. You'll still have to make a decision.

Curt

"Enzo Matrix" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Oh, yes, Definitely green.

And the nose is PINK!?!

ARGH!

Fuschia and chartreuse, that's what I'm gonna paint it. Where's my stamp-collecting book...

Reply to
CortxVortx

"Curt" wrote in news:cNa0k.858$U snipped-for-privacy@newsfe15.lga:

Whoa! Great article, Curt! Thanks muchly.

Reply to
CortxVortx

real men paint pink. (they don't have to like it.)

Reply to
someone

Pink? It looks yellow to me.

Reply to