Major fire about Canadian Sub near UK

If I remember correctly they had problems with other subs a couple of years ago. Leaks etc on the Atlantic Transit. Is this sub the same class.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

Yep Upholder class. That's what we get for buying used goods :(

Reply to
Jeff C

Jeff, When we were in Halifax a couple of years ago one was up in the dry dock being worked on. Don't take this the wrong way - but I gotta wonder who's at fault here The Brits for taking advantage of a former colony - after all the colonies exist for the good of the motherland, or the Canadians for cheaping out and buying used goods. Seems to me there's some kind of message here. Unfortunately the real loosers are the poor patriotic guys who have to sail in these beasts.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

The way it is going with these subs this must be the maiden voyage after refit. :-)

Shawn

Val Kraut wrote:

Reply to
Shawn McClelland

It's really nothing more than the fact that ships are extremely complicated pieces of equipment that must be maintainted constantly. These submarines have spent the last several years tied up alongside with nobody in them. That causses things to wear out and break. Once they're put back into service, other things wear out and break. The solution to the problem is to find all those things that are going to break and replace them. The easiest way to do that is to go out and break them. Once the ship is properly maintained again, it will go back to being one of the finest conventional submarines in the world, as it was designed to be.

Fortunately the crew are all alive and mostly well, if a little uncomfortable, and tugs are on their way out to them.

Reply to
Jeff C

Damn, Just heard that one person has died. Not funny anymore.

Moment of Silent

Regards. Shawn

Jeff C wrote:

Reply to