masking straight lines

I am having a little difficulty masking straight lines on the hull of a ship kit I am working on. It is a 3 color application and with all the curves of the hull I can't seem to get everything to look straight. Anyone have any tips or secrets to share?

Reply to
Count DeMoney

Ron Smith

Mark your lines with a pencil. Then slit some masking tape down to about 1/16th of an inch to do around the curves and other hard to mask areas, then fill in the rest with which ever size masking you need.

Cutting your tape down to an 16th of an inch allows it to stretch and conform to hard to mask areas.

Get some Tamia masking tape too, works awesome. I use the blue stuff for the rest of my masking and large areas.

Reply to
Mark M