Monogram Moves Molds

I don't shop wal mart because I'm cheap,nor do I like purchasing foreign made goods...it's a combination of nothing else is available,and what is I often can't afford. If I wanted the revell U boat I couldn't really afford it even at the current price :(

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Um, I don't shop at Walmart because A) there isn't one convenient, B) the one that is semi-convenient is full of semi-literate, hygenically challenged (or the corollary perfume doused) slobs...either way they have a stench to them (that's the customers), C) most of what Walmart carries is crap.

I haven't complained yet and for the most part the Czechs and Chinese are producing better kits than anything injected here. Try the latest Eduard plane or even a Special Hobby, good stuff....oh yeah if you build aircraft, Aires and Eduard are both Czech and are flat out the best aftermarket details available.

Reply to
Ron

Actually CEO compensation, and the incredible heights it has risen to, are determined by one-upmanship. Basically it works like this: The new CEO of XYZinc. wants to make 10% more than the CEO of LMNOPinc. so the board gives it to him because it seems resonable. The new CEO of ABCinc. asks for 10% more than the guy at XYZ and he gets it because it isn't an unreasonable request. Then the CEO of LMNOPinc hears what everyone else is making and asks to renegotiate his contract since he is now underpaid compared to the average and since he is doing a good job he gets raise to 10% over the guy at ABCinc. As you can see if you do this a few times you get to where we are today.

John Benson ------------------------ IPMS El Paso Web Guy

John Benson

Like I said, the market......

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Do CEO's that made $2-$6 million per year in 1990 now deserve $50-100 million while they layoff hundred of thousands of workers, workers that they go to great lengths to keep from paying more than min wage. The only way these crooks are making their numbers is by slashing expenses (offshoring jobs). This can only continue so long.

I feel sorry for those reaching retirement age in 10-20 years, they are gonna be SCREWED.

Reply to
Yakker